The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting

Go down 
+3
*Connie*
Mr. Mordax
jcopela3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty
PostSubject: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/22/2009, 9:31 pm

i dont have a camera but some symptoms that she exhibits includes she doesnt hide and sits under the heat lamp all day, her plates are spaced apart a good bit, she is very lethargic and even when touched she hardly moves, she is fat but i havent seen her eat in two weeks, and she doesnt have much of a hard exoskeleton in fact i guess you could say her sides are "squishy" feeling. Any help would be great
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 1:51 am

What's your humidity and temperature like? It's not normal for them to hang out under a light all day.

Is her tail hanging out flat or is it curled up?
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 3:01 am

well my humidity is roughly 80 percent and my heat is 90 on the hotside and about 78 degrees on the cool side. Her tail curls up at times but also it will be flat as well
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 3:06 am

my other emp is fine he hides on the cool side most of the time under my rock i have for him...she just lies there out in the open but i do have a infared heating bulb so maybe that explains it?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:00 am

my female is currently out, had been out for about a week BUT she is nestled to the heat mat that is heating her offspring from nearly a year ago. I dont suspect she is ill or dying as the tail is curled up but nonetheless it is ODD for a pandinus imperator to be out.
Just keep an eye on her. If the tail is going out flat then maybe old age is just happening and maybe she will die.
If she is an adult then she wont be about to moult as they moult up until adulthood.

She COULD be gravid, that is a posibility but they always becomes more agressive and from what I discovered hide even more so then usual *if that is even possible*
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:46 am

You tank sounds a little too warm -- 85 is usually the recommended max for these guys.

Do you have a burrowable substrate? (i.e., coco fiber or peat -- not bark or chips or sand, etc.)

But yeah, as Connie said, there's a good chance your emp is just old. You can eliminate molting by the telson color and size -- subadults are noticeably smaller than adults and have a cream-colored telson instead of a brown one.
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 4:18 pm

yeah my substrate is coco fiber and i have four good hiding places in there. Her telson by the way is a cream color it isnt that dark red. She moved under her rock lasr night and has been there ever since
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 4:25 pm

if she's fat, inactive, and since she has a cream coloured telson, I'm guessing premoult.
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 4:30 pm

how long does the moulting process take again?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 4:32 pm

the actually process doesn't take to long, usually a few hours.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 8:03 pm

jcopela3 wrote:
how long does the moulting process take again?
depends what you mean. while they molting or in premolt state. Sometimes they'll behave oddly a few weeks before molting.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:21 pm

well before the premoult how would you describe the behavior? what are some signs? Because she has been acting like this for say a week and i think if she were ill she would have been dead by now
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:29 pm

Well sometimes they burry like crazy, They tend to stay away from open areas BUT some actually molt out in the open.
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:37 pm

well i just got some pics but lol i dont know how to upload them...maybe they will help
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:41 pm

by the way thats her on my avatar
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 10:56 pm

looks like pre moult to me from those pics
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:33 pm

Do they come out even in the night and just lay there? I mean i have infared light and i understand they cannot see it so is that typical?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:42 pm

thata a fat scorp indeed. Get the jpg url and write in in between this code
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:53 pm

[code]is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Gedc0015
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:55 pm

[code]is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Gedc0016
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:56 pm

[code]is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Gedc0017
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/23/2009, 11:56 pm

so moulting? just fat?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/24/2009, 12:07 am

I cant see the telson color which is always the best indacator to tell you weather it's an adult or juvi. If you can take another picture showing the telson I would be able to tell you if it's an adult. If it is it's possible it might be gravid.
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/24/2009, 12:16 am

[code]is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Gedc0018
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty1/24/2009, 12:17 am

[code]is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Gedc0019
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting   is my emp pregnant, dying, or molting Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next