The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus spinifer agressivity

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
chevy_power427
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/4/2008, 11:25 pm

Just got myself two h.spinifers (male and female) I often heard that they get along with emperors. Having a few spare tanks, I said to give it a try, and if it doesn't work, well, they'll stay alone. At first, they fought each other before I even mixed them with the emps. I bought the from a guy that imports them, he keep all the scorpions separated. When I mixed both species together, they were all looking around, but when the hets and emps faced closely, it was stingers in air and pincers pinching. I separated them, is it normal is hets fight each other?? Aren't they supposed to be communal? If its because they were isolated for so long, will they become communal once again? I'm done messing with my emps, I tried a Cavimanus once, now this, they are a happy family, and i think I will leave them this way.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/4/2008, 11:39 pm

Territorial scuffles often happen when scorps are introduced. Usually it settles down pretty quick, but some specimens are just troublemakers.

I don't advocate keeping interspecies communities.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/4/2008, 11:57 pm

I've learned the hard way
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/5/2008, 6:30 am

if its make and female they may not be fighting :sex:
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/5/2008, 7:43 am

It was fighting, I saw my emps mate, and there was a difference...unless they like it brutal. lol I checked on everyone this morning, just hoped I didn't find body parts or a dead scorpion. I hope they will get along like my emperors do.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/6/2008, 11:34 pm

Rechecked on them, they're all alive, but they stay apart, not like my emperors in the same hiding spot. I just saw today that one of them has the point of the aculeus damaged, maybe from the fighting, it's still there, but it just isn't sharp.
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/7/2008, 3:10 am

my two male & female het spins fought a lot when i first introduced them. and stayed away from each other all the time but within id say four days they were sharing the same burrow.
Did you make sure to change the substrate and set it up differently, that may help as well. it will then be all new territory.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/7/2008, 10:54 am

Ok, I'll give them 2-3 days like this, then I`ll change it a bit
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/11/2008, 11:08 am

how are things with them now? both alive still?
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/11/2008, 6:53 pm

both are alive, fed them yesterday, changed the layout a bit. They seem to have cooled down, I have seem them next to each other without any signs of aggression. But I witnessed one attacking the other last night, split them up. Today there still alive, maybe a bit territorial, fighting for a hiding spot.
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/12/2008, 1:17 am

mine share, mabee you have two completely different SP.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/12/2008, 7:30 am

I doubt it, they are identical, but everything is possible, I'll try putting a picture of them soon.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/12/2008, 7:09 pm

Rechecked them, they are exactly the same, body, claws and telson. But I don't understand them, right now there in the same hiding spot. Maybe I shouldn't worry about them.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 4:15 am

yeah dont worry about them. do you know the sex of them both?
xxxx
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 11:57 am

both females
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 1:38 pm

Ah-HA! If they're both gravid, that could be the source of the aggression.

I can't believe this didn't occur to me sooner. tongue
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 4:18 pm

They don't look like it, and they were isolated for a while. But it's not impossible.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 4:56 pm

if there wild caught it doesnt matter how they have been housed in captivity, they are gravid for a long time
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/13/2008, 5:57 pm

Time will tell then, that wouldn't be bad news I guess
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 11:36 am

Bad news, one dead Het. Spinifer. Lately I saw that one of them was getting calm, while the other was still aggressive. There wasn't a lot of fighting, I fed them regularly. from what I can see, the aggressive one killed the calmer one, and eat some of it. I think if it was the other way around, I think I would mind it a little less, but it still sucks. I just hope she is gravid for being this aggressive, and in return she gives birth.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 12:02 pm

im sure she is gravid! to be living happily, sudden agression and then a death to me SOUNDS like a pregnancy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 12:17 pm

do you have any pictures?
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 1:02 pm

I'll take some this night when she comes out. To me she looks totally normal, not fat at all
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 1:16 pm

If there's more than one in the tank, I highly recommend separating the aggressor.
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty12/31/2008, 7:02 pm

She's alone now, and she'll stay that way. Here's a picture, she doesn't look fat at all, even after eating some of her cage mate. Tell me what you think.
[img]Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Dscf1413[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer agressivity   Heterometrus spinifer agressivity Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus spinifer agressivity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next