The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Black-morph hissers?

Go down 
+2
scorpion111
Mr. Mordax
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Black-morph hissers? Empty
PostSubject: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/16/2008, 8:30 pm

Anyone else seen these? I was cleaning out all six roach tanks today and found a few in with my G. portentosa. They're completely black instead of brown or with brown / black banding.

It's kinda cool. Very Happy If my colony were larger I'd be tempted to try breeding them separately.

Pics up soon, I hope.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/16/2008, 8:31 pm

Cool! you should definetly try breeding them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/16/2008, 8:49 pm

Black-morph hissers? IMG_1727

Black-morph hissers? IMG_1728

Still brown underneath . . .
Black-morph hissers? IMG_1729

There's a few like that in the colony, but most are either all brown with a black margin or banded.
Black-morph hissers? IMG_1730
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/16/2008, 10:39 pm

I've seen people selling them but not for a while. Wait until you get one of those twisty molts where their exo has this line through the back. It's pretty common, could be a result of inbreeding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/16/2008, 11:26 pm

looks abit like the ones i have mike, will take some pictures for you tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/17/2008, 10:56 am

Andrew, I've had a few of the "twisty" ones show up, but not for a while. Based on TalkenLate04's experience with his B. dubia, it's from nutritional deficiencies.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/17/2008, 2:17 pm

i have some of them in with my red morphs but it could just be because there pretty dark anyway... i want some normal ones!!!
EDIT: now that i look at them they mostly are just dark red and not as black as mikes!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/17/2008, 3:11 pm

I saw one in with the BugZoo's on Friday that I called a "tiger" morph -- it was like my black one, but with a narrow orange band on each abdominal segment. Pretty cool, actually. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty11/17/2008, 3:41 pm

the bands should be quite thick. some of mine have like a yellow "trim" and im hoping some of the babies will be tigers
Back to top Go down
Drasar
Pandinus
Drasar

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty8/22/2009, 8:10 pm

Yeah I ordered 4 and got 5...One was Black like that and had babies the very next day:D...sofar all the offspring appear to be browns...maybe some will eventually turn black when they mature but I'm thinking not...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty8/22/2009, 9:50 pm

Scorpion.Admin.Team wrote:
Here's the basic rules, folks. Follow them, and everyone's happy. Smile <-- a happy admin

. . .

No grave-digging
If a thread is more than a few months old, please leave it be (unless you are the original poster with updated information).

. . .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black-morph hissers?   Black-morph hissers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Black-morph hissers?
Page 1 of 1