This afternoon I had a BugZoo presentation at an area middle school. I was handling an adult female and trying to scootch her onto a student's hand by nudging he from behind. She gave me a brief tail-flick before moving. I felt a slight prick similar to when my H. paucidens stung me, so I thought perhaps she connected.
After about a minute or two I felt a very slight tingling in the tip of the finger she stung. This passed after about five to ten minutes.
From the other reports I've read I expected something a bit more than this. It wasn't a dry sting, but it was close to it -- I'm guessing just the equivalent of a "warning shot."
I can say with certainty this was less painful than my H. paucidens sting.
If your emperor scorpion stops eating, don't panic.
Be nice -- you were a noob once, too
"Never ask an engineer to explain something, because he will."