The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus

Go down 
+6
Vietnamese510
redknee
Mr. Mordax
g-thing
Kejser
~Abyss~
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty
PostSubject: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 12:06 am

Subject: 1.1.1Hadrurus arizonesis(the unknown is a sub-adult)
1.1.0Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus

Tank size: Pending..(don't have dimensions just yet but I'd say a square tank of about 3-4 feet wide and 2 feet tall.

Substrate: False bottom setup in 3/4 of the tank. The last 1/4 is divided at the bottom and has only dry substrate. Playground Sand used in this experiment and about 7 inches of sand used. Water-feeding tube inserted to have a humid gradient.

Experiment:
Started October 25, 2007 (current date is February 12 2008): No losses so far. The day I put all scorpions in the same enclosure I had some initial fighting but nothing major. After a few hours the male pallidus attempted mating with the female pallidus and was rejected. 3 hours after that the male pallidus again tried to mate with the female pallidus and again was rejected. Several hours later the male pallius attempted to mate with the arizonensis and mating started but was unsuccesful. Initial heat was 85F. I lowered the temp to room temp a week later and noticed attempted matings again. This time male arizonensis with female pallidus and male pallidus with female arizonensis. Unable to see if mating was succesful or not. They are being fed randomly and last feeding was February 1 2008. No signs of mating again but they are tolerating each other even stacking up as emperors do. I plan to turn up the heat back to 85F in late march. Sub adult burrowed a an inch into substrate might be molting soon.

I WILL WRITE MORE AS MY EXPERIMENT PROGRESSES.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 3:24 am

Stacking up like emps? mate you need pictures of that.. Very Happy quickly whould be awsome to see.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 6:59 pm

I have some pics I took last night with my phone not the best but you can see how close they get w.o fighting. No stacking pics unfortunatly.
arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus 02130810
arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus 02130811
arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus 02130812
Yes that is my hand in the tank. I made it in art class.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
g-thing
Hadogenes
g-thing

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: tank size   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 11:22 pm

when i kept this Sp ,i kept five in a 10 gallon tank i had no problems
temp was about 78
but the substrate was only about 2 1/2 in deep
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 11:33 pm

I don't think there as aggresive towards each other as peeople claim thats why I'm trying to get more. Also I'm trying to BREED THEM which is why i need the deep substrate with the humidity gradient.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
g-thing
Hadogenes
g-thing

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/13/2008, 11:58 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
I don't think there as aggresive towards each other as peeople claim thats why I'm trying to get more. Also I'm trying to BREED THEM which is why i need the deep substrate with the humidity gradient.
-Eddy
good luck on the breeding its dam hard
thats why i dont keep them anymore
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/14/2008, 2:23 am

Breeding . . . I should probably put my female in a deeper container (I heard she was gravid and I want her to have the best chance). She tried making a burrow and it collapsed because the ceiling was too thin. Those packed-sand tanks are HEAVY, though.

Good luck on your endeavors, Eddy! I'm eager to see how it all turns out.
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/15/2008, 11:11 am

now that is an update i will be looking forward on seeing
since i have heard mant times over of being hard to breed these scorpions

get pix from ya phone man
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/15/2008, 11:53 am

One person successfully raised up two or three out of an entire brood a couple of years ago -- the trick seemed to be leaving them in mom's enclosure so they have the established humidity gradient (he took mom out), but he lost a lot to cannibalism.
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty2/21/2008, 2:13 pm

that is intersting
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/9/2008, 10:50 pm

starting a communal experiment with 2 Arizonensis

my tank is like wide as 2 10 gallons and shorter than a 20 gallon tank

abyss you got any thots on what else should i do

i have 5 Hides right now and im just dryng out the tank with a light so its not to humid right now

here is the setup

https://2img.net/h/i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/Vietnamese510/deserthairycommunal.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/6craccincuhzz
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 9:42 am

not a bad looking setup
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 12:57 pm

Add some random rocks and a cactus and you got Arizona in a tank. Nice job it looks great.
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 2:12 pm

well last night i saw one of them trying to mate with the other. It was like dancing and trying to get the other one to do it too. but the other just walked away from him. No killings yet
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 6:38 pm

spray the hides lightly with water. Underneath of course. But make sure you leave some dry hides as well.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 7:03 pm

what will the water under the hides be for, just curious, cuz i heard spraying Hairy's will cuz them to have mycosis

is that true
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 7:18 pm

YES!!!!, the thing is that in te wild they are found under rocks were it's much more humid. This way you give them options between a dry hide and a moist one. But only use a little bit of water.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 7:25 pm

thanks dude for shining a light on this for me

now that makes sense to me

if anyone here can get me a few of these i would appreciate it

thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 7:43 pm

I'm still looking for cheap ones but I'm going hunting for these in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 8:02 pm

yo eddy so how are yours doing right now?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 8:06 pm

all alive and well even more active since the temp has gone up. I did accidentally injure one myself(my hand is numb) by accidentally droping a part of the hide on it's tail. Should turn out fine though.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 8:11 pm

dang i only have 2 arizonensis in my big tank

and im plannin to put some more in there Smile 1 of them is trying to dance with the other one but the other one rejecting
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 8:51 pm

I had the same thing happen. Try a giving them a cooling period.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 10:08 pm

like you mean when it hits winter?

period? i cant do that now cuhz its about to be summer
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty3/10/2008, 10:12 pm

Yeah that sucks. But all winter I deprived mine of heat so they are starting to mate.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus   arizonensis experiment - The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus Empty

Back to top Go down

The Experiment: Comunal Hadrurus arizonesis/Hadrurus arizonesis pallidus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next