The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care

Go down 
+2
_scorpio_
stupiddonkey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stupiddonkey
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty
PostSubject: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/3/2008, 10:02 am

Hi all first post,but not a complete newb to the hobby.My addiction progressed past the T's and into the scorpion now Mad .
I have kept many species but nothing this small.Would a second instar H.spinigerus be any more difficult than raising up some T slings?How hardy are 2i's(mortality rate if kept at optimal conditions)?

For housing I planned to keep them in communal of 5 in small delis( 2oz) with peat/sand.Would this be ok or should they be separated out completely?I saw a video of someone with 2i(don't know what species)Housed together on a damp paper towel with parted crickets in the center do slings need more humidity than adults?
I have twenty of them and I have lots of 5-40 dram vials and 2-92oz delis.How would you set these guys up?

Last edited by Kejser on 10/4/2008, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong name)
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/3/2008, 12:22 pm

typically, slings need more humidity to moult...
for info on V. spinigerus wait for mike (iheartmantids) to reply or PM him.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/3/2008, 7:13 pm

These slings do weel without humidity. You can keep them communally but they are very likely to munch on each other. Best bet is to keep them seperated but the sand/peat mix sounds great. Mortality rate for this species is low. Very easy to breed and carefor. I've never actually bred the species but I've kept them at all sizes and ages.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/4/2008, 9:37 am

Well i have a small plastic box to house my 2 instar in.. and i dropped a couple of droplets of water into a corner to give them som humidity.. they molted fine..
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/4/2008, 11:47 am

I've never had any problems with these guys molting. They are one of the most versetile scorpions I know. You can find them day or night, rain or shine, 20 - 110 degrees. I just keep mine between the standard 78 - 85F with humidity between 20-40. I haven't lost one yet and I have a dozen or so.
Back to top Go down
stupiddonkey
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/4/2008, 6:06 pm

Well it might not matter now,I might of got burn't...They were to be here today,but didn't come....Hope they will be OK stilling another day,if they were shipped. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
stupiddonkey
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/6/2008, 5:44 pm

cheers they came....USPS sucks, 4 days in a box and no DOA's.One more question.I knew these's guys were going to be tiny but wow...Is parted crickets Ok or should I go get a fruit fly culture?
[img]Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care V_sp_210[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty10/7/2008, 9:38 am

Head-skoosh small crickets and take out the leftovers in 24 hours or so.

I don't know why people say to come to me with questions about this species . . . of my two gravid females, one died (no success with a C-section) and one stillbirthed.

As Eddy said about communities, you're more than likely to get cannibalism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care   Advise on H. spinigerus  2i care Empty

Back to top Go down

Advise on H. spinigerus 2i care
Page 1 of 1