The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/

Go down 
+4
_scorpio_
*Connie*
scorpion111
chevyoffroadez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chevyoffroadez
Pandinus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-01

can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty
PostSubject: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 1:44 pm

i have been catching bugs,for her,how often do i feed,and" what" and "where "should can i buy it?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 1:52 pm

you can usually get crickets, mealworms, etc. from pet stores. I'm pretty sure petco and all those types of places do them. you could also buy them online if you wanted to. and once you have some crickets, you could probably breed them yourself as feeders. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 2:44 pm

Any exotic pet shops will sell crickets/hoppers/locusts. Once a week is ususally what people feed. its what I do.

Scorpions DO fast. its what they do. so if you feed one week and then try the next and the next and it wont take food...that is 100% normal!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 3:09 pm

what is a hopper??? i always thought they were another name for locusts...???
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 3:30 pm

_scorpio_ wrote:
what is a hopper??? i always thought they were another name for locusts...???

a hopper is a juvinile locust.

tasty! tongue
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 4:14 pm

oh...right...that just confuses things..
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:11 pm

A hopper can also be a juvenile mouse.

At least over here
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:13 pm

you can use the term hopper for mice but its better just to say pinkie, fuzzie etc
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:17 pm

pinky fuzzy hopper adult
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:19 pm

see thats where it gets annoying as there are different sizes of pinks, fuzzies and adults
a hopper is a small adult, then there medium large and extra large
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:42 pm

and taste like chicken!
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:46 pm

yea yes they do they make great burgers
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:50 pm

naah fresh and squidgy with a few crunchy bits.

We freaked a lass out who lives in the flats the other day... she dared us to eat mealworms, crickets locusts and wax worms... so we did.

Cant remember the last time i saw a kid go green and close to throwing up!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 5:54 pm

I love grossing my friends out. david bet me I couldn't eat a live waxworm, and if I did he would give me a fiver.

easy money. Cool
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 6:59 pm

I would eat anything.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty9/8/2008, 9:00 pm

Back on topic....chevyoffroadez, any petshop here can sell you crickets they stink and are horrible breeders that can infest your house but dont let that scare you away as you scorpion will hardly eat. You can feed it 3-5 times a week and then maybe the next week it probably wont eat. Best thing to is to buy $1 worth of crickets each week and just feed them off randomly. Avoid wild caught bugs as they can have pesticides and parasites. I personally breed my own roaches. They're cleaner and smell nicer and dont infest. You can buy B. dubia roaches almost anywhere online and if you look in the feeder section of the boards you can find a ton of links i found.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/   can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/ Empty

Back to top Go down

can you please tell me where to get some food for my scorpion/
Page 1 of 1