The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CorsePerVita
Hadogenes
CorsePerVita

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-25

IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty
PostSubject: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 2:11 pm

Are you still going to do a big colony with these or do you plan on selling any any time soon? I see they are starting to get pretty big! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.oo2w.com/site/
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 2:35 pm

I so want some of his U Mordax too *rubs hands together and smiles sweetly*
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
CorsePerVita
Hadogenes
CorsePerVita

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 2:41 pm

If i bat my eyes and smile sweetly can i get some too? Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 3:57 pm

They're still all 2I, so they're actually quite small. The majority are eating well and I haven't seen any signs of cannibalism. Some have already begun to burrow (and share burrows!).

This last bit suggests that my colony idea may work out, so I definitely want to keep most of them. I've given away five to friends (leaving me with 21), and I want to send a pair to Rasputin to make up for his losses (unless I find a M/F pair on one of my hunts), so I won't be giving away many more if I do. I'd like to keep at least 10-15 in a community. I haven't been able to find any adults lately save for one female that went to a friend of mine.

So short answer, no, I'm not selling any.

Long answer, I might be willing to part with a few more for the cost of shipping. I'd prefer to wait until they hit 3I, though.
Back to top Go down
CorsePerVita
Hadogenes
CorsePerVita

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 4:00 pm

How long do you think it'll be till they're at 3I?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 7:28 pm

I have no idea. I should ask a guy at OSU I know -- he says he has a paper on their life history.
Back to top Go down
CorsePerVita
Hadogenes
CorsePerVita

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/23/2008, 8:16 pm

That's very cool! He's been studying them? I wish i had some P. Boreus specimens. Seems people don't know too much about them, and I really enjoyed it's company, very cool little scorp.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty8/24/2008, 12:16 pm

No, he hasn't been studying them, but he has access to lots of papers. He's the same guy I mentioned in another thread who got to trek through the jungles of Guyana and collect all sorts of bugs (and have a sloth hug him).

I actually got my P. boreus and one of my immature U. mordax from him, though. He also has some mordax specimens from the H. J. Andrews forest that DWARF the ones I've seen between here and Mary's Peak. According to >Google Maps<, that's not too far from where you live. (The weird part is, the points on that map aren't too far from where I found a few specimens that weren't all that large.)

>link to H. J. Andrews Experimental Forest<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax   IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax Empty

Back to top Go down

IHeartMantids - Your U Mordax
Page 1 of 1