The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C sculp problem...

Go down 
+6
Mr. Mordax
Kejser
lycanlord
*Connie*
_scorpio_
Andrew273
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 6:53 am

Okay so today is feeding day for everyone. I decided to drop a prekilled cricket in with the babies and momma to see what happened. Bad news, momma's dead. The babies have molted once (I have 3 left), what should I do? They are all walking around the container now.

C sculp problem... Dead
(I'm terrible with photo shop)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 7:39 am

is she definately dead...
make sure by giving her a day or two to revive or something.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 7:51 am

take her out and into another container. Leave the babies as they are or put them into their own containers each. feed them pre kill at the moment
Im sorry she has died
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 7:53 am

Supposedly these are communal at all stages so I'll leave them be for now. Does it look like they are old enough to live on their own yet?

It's odd, my male died too a week ago.

And yeah, she's dead. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 8:02 am

ah that sucks but atleast the babies are ready to be without the mum otherwise it would be worse.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 8:20 am

well as they are off her back, they dont need her anymore. Maybe she was due to die but held out for the babies. Waiting for them to come off the back and then she passed on.
Poor Mummy.
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 9:24 am

Centruriodes sp is not communal before adulthood.. you might end up with only one big fat one if you leave them down there.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 9:27 am

The vast majority of bark scorpions are NOT communal at all stages. First instars are (no choice, really), and 2I are for a bit, and adults are -- but juveniles tend to be fairly cannibalistic. Especially after molts.

A scorpion is old enough to live on its own as soon as it hits 2I and wanders off of mom. My suggestion would be to separate the young into their own habitats (anything from a large vial with a piece of bark to a small KK) and offer them live young crickets. I have a 3I C. margaritatus that happily devours the live pinheads I offer.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 12:06 pm

I have to concur with everyone else. They are not communal until adulthood. Some have had relatively low cannibalizm raising all young together, but it is not recommended. Giving birth takes a ridiculous amount of energy from the mother. If she was close to passing I would not doubt that she would pass after such an event. Just to be save I would remove here and leave her in a seperate container. There may be a chance she is just severally weakened and she will come to, but if they are already 2i then odds don't look too good. If I were you I would seperate the scorplings into relatively small containers and feed then fruitflies or pinheads. The first meal is vital to their survival. Using larger prey will more than likely just intimidate them. Good luck with the babies and sorry about your loss.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 1:23 pm

I've had a few experiances where the mother dies after giving birth. Just seperate the babies you should be fine. You can put them back together when they reach adult hood.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 1:37 pm

that's a shame man. at least they are 2i.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty8/22/2008, 3:25 pm

jeeze sorry to hear about the loss. Thankfully it did not happen sooner or you would have lost the lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

C sculp problem... Empty
PostSubject: Re: C sculp problem...   C sculp problem... Empty

Back to top Go down

C sculp problem...
Page 1 of 1