The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

found this in one of my tanks

Go down 
+4
lycanlord
LadyRiotControl
*Connie*
electrophyste
8 posters
AuthorMessage
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

found this in one of my tanks Empty
PostSubject: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 6:34 pm

SI was cleaning out my cricket tank and I found these caterpillar like things that were eating the dead crickets. I manged to get a couple shots of one i wanna know if you know what they are and if i can pit them in with my scorps?

If this might help with the IDing of them i got a beetle with my last little bit of crickets i got. i just left it with them.
found this in one of my tanks Picture9569
found this in one of my tanks Picture9576
found this in one of my tanks Picture9577
found this in one of my tanks Picture9578
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 6:51 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 6:53 pm

I was told these are like clean up crew bugs! they eat all the dead and left over crickets but dont attack scorpions as far as i am aware.

When a tub of crickets has finished i bang them in with the scorpions, they clean up the left over crickets.... then the scorpions eat them lol! bonus!
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 7:21 pm

yeah they are fuzzy wuzzys wooo be glad you found them they eat poop and everything the keep crickets smelling nice anyway. mike can tell you the proper name
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 10:27 pm

Dermestid beetle larva.

Good ESP, Graham. Smile
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/18/2008, 10:35 pm

well i can just never remember it, plus fuzzy wuzzies works for them really dontya think lmao
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 1:25 am

are they going to be able to go with the scorplings or just adults?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 3:31 am

Well if its no threat to a scorpion and only after poo and left overs, I cant imagine it would be a threat to scorplings.

Ive never seen one not had one...but I want one dammit! since I cleaned my scorpling tank, the little clean up mites are gone...and the scorplings are pooping all over the place and gah...mess!
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 6:43 am

Crap! I had a bunch of these in my cricket tank a couple-months-ago and I thought they were bad, so I exterminated them. I should've kept them.

Bang Head
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 9:21 am

Some species are bad, but I don't know if that's the same as found in the crickets -- and the adults can fly.

Bad species will eat either preserved insect collections or your dry goods. The former is evidenced by piles of dust under bugs in collections, the latter by beetles running amok in your pantry.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 4:06 pm

i belive they are allso called Bufflo worms.. they are pretty good for cleaning mites and orther stuff in cricket tanks..
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 4:22 pm

cant believe you aint seen them before connie. I must admit when i first saw them i just chucked them away when i got the crickets out. now i bang them in the tank but its only recently i realised they were 'good guys'
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 4:53 pm

i love em, as i get crickets in by the thousand and without those lil guys they start to smell really bad really fast lol
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 5:00 pm

upon further research on these little guys i think i will just leavem to the crickets. cuz i read that there used to strip the remaning flesh off of bones so i could imagine what it would do to a molting invert:(
i read that if the beetle stage of this larva is eaten by your reptile it could eat its way out of you reptile

i checked up on buffalo worms those look like small meal worms
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/19/2008, 5:09 pm

ignore the beetles eating out myth it is a rumour and has never been proven, they say the same about morio worms
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/20/2008, 1:04 pm

rolly-pollies! i get these in my cricket boxes alot. i keep them in thier own boxes and i put them in the scorp tanks regularly. (not the babies' tanks 'cause they eat them)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 10:15 am

As was said several times earlier, those aren't isopods. They're >>dermestid beetle<< larvae.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 11:21 am

i know they are dermetid larvae. isn't that what was meant by rolly pollies? i have dermestid beetles running around my room.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 1:33 pm

"Rollie-pollies," as far as I'm aware, only refers to terrestrial isopods.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 2:16 pm

found this in one of my tanks Arw_pill_01

^^^^ that is a rollie pollie also called pill nug, some people call them woodlice, but woodlice are different as they cant roll into a ball shape

found this in one of my tanks Ohio%20carpet%20beetle%20larva

^^^^ thats a Dermestid beetle larvae or fuzzy wuzzie
now you can see the difference lol
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 3:14 pm

ahhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty8/21/2008, 3:21 pm

the larvae ate Dans lizards tail *Adams brother*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: found this in one of my tanks   found this in one of my tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

found this in one of my tanks
Page 1 of 1