The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty
PostSubject: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 12:50 am

So I cohabited my pair of widows for about a day and a half before I found a male-shaped ball of silk by the female. He didn't have the black body that I'd seen in pictures of MM of this species, but his palps were dark, which I understood to indicate that he was mature enough to mate.

Since I didn't see it happen, how long will it be before I know nothing happened and shouldn't expect a sac? I have one more male I can fall back on if I need to, but he's definitely immature still.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 3:20 am

did you see a mating? If not maybe put him back in, in a few days?
Or did he get killed?
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 9:54 am

*Connie* wrote:
Or did he get killed?

That would be the "male-shaped ball of silk" I was referring to. Razz

Since I didn't see anything, I was wondering how long it takes for a female to start dropping sacs (or rather, by what time I'll know if anything happened or not).
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 10:21 am

what about ras? he could probably tell you.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 12:39 pm

well...to me your question is like asking how long is a piece of string hehehe. I dont know spiders.
But I would think a few weeks to show signs maybe?

but to be sure...I would add another for good measure maybe next week and watch her reaction
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
wburke17
Babycurus
wburke17

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 3:44 pm

Chances are if she an adult W/C shes already gravid, I have a female that I raised and mated once and shes had 6 or 7 sacs already. If I remember correctly it was under a month from mating till egg-sac and then a couple more weeks till the explosion happens.. (Alot of babies running around)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 7:28 pm

She molted a week after I brought her home, so I wasn't sure if she was too fertile. I originally thought she'd just had a sac when I caught her because she was so skinny and there were slings everywhere.

I should mention that I caught her in the last week of June -- I would have expected sacs by now if she had been gravid.
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 9:39 pm

i don't know how long til she will drop a sac. But i will tell ya this about my Brown Widow, after i have collected her, she dropped a sac 2 weeks later ( or somewhere around that time frame ). And after a week later, she dropped out another sac, there wasn't a male in there with her ( this is new to me). I would say that sac hatched out sometime around a week and a half or lil bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 11:13 pm

True spiders are known for dropping out a bunch of sacs without having to mate multiple times -- I have a friend whose widow is on sac #12, so I know to expect a lot. I'm just wondering when. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty8/12/2008, 11:36 pm

now that is definately a new one on me to know
very interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?   L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs? Empty

Back to top Go down

L. hesperus -- how long from mating to eggsacs?
Page 1 of 1