The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?

Go down 
+5
Okiescorp
~Abyss~
*Connie*
Venom
Mr. Mordax
9 posters

How long have you been keeping scorpions?
No scorps . . . yet
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap5%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
I just got an emp last week!
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap5%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Less than a month
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap0%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
1-6 months
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap19%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
6 months to 1 year
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap19%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
1 to 2 years
 19% [ 4 ]
2 to 5 years
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap33%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
More than 5 years
How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_lcap0%How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty
PostSubject: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/9/2008, 6:26 pm

Just curious to know how long everyone's been in the hobby. I got my first scorpions, a pair of emperors, in June of 2006. In less than two years I'm up to nine species and 26 individuals (with more on the way when my girls pop!).

I'm looking at getting more specimens of some of my communal species as well as a couple species I don't have yet.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/9/2008, 7:18 pm

Since april of last year.
But It's in my blood, so I can technically say all my life.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/9/2008, 7:24 pm

Loved scorpions since a little girl. My first tattoo is of a scorpion! but first bought my first scorpions last year...june...july something like that

xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/9/2008, 7:58 pm

Venom wrote:
Since april of last year.
But It's in my blood, so I can technically say all my life.
same here I had my first "scorp" at 3 years old. To bad it was dead and stuffed on a clock.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/9/2008, 8:10 pm

^^^
Oh yeah, that too.

You know the story of the jail right?
And how there was scorpion plagues en Durango, back in the 19th century?
Back to top Go down
Okiescorp
Pandinus
Okiescorp

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 9:15 am

I am a n00b and just got mine last week. Smile
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 10:12 am

i have been into scorpions about 4 yrs now, 1 yr less that T's
gotten more into them after i was collecting C. hentzi and making trades on them
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 10:56 am

We all gotta start somewhere, Okiescorp! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 12:53 pm

Venom wrote:
^^^
Oh yeah, that too.

You know the story of the jail right?
And how there was scorpion plagues en Durango, back in the 19th century?
Claro que si. I tell all my friend the scorp myth. But there's like three different versions.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 12:59 pm

lol
what are they
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 1:05 pm

well the jist of it is. Venom, feel free to throw yours in. This jail in Durango, Mexico had a cell that was a bit stange. Criminals would go in and and in the morning they were always found dead. The judge would give the criminals a choice of life in jail or one night in that cell. Many tried to survive but all failed. One day a man was convincted of a crime he did not commit and he decided to try his luck in the room. All previous criminal were given the option to take something in to defend themselves agains the uknown evil but still they all died. All that this man asked for was his "sombrero" and a candle to keep the room lit. Well in the morning the guards came in ready to drag his body out and saw that he was alive. He was sitting over his sombrero and under it they found a huge (this is where the myth changes alot too) 2 foot long scorpion.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 1:28 pm

wow, that was a great story, now would that be something to see for ya own eyes, a 2 foot long scorpion
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 2:01 pm

Scorpions have always intrigued me but I was a little creeped out by them. On my birthday on Sept of 2007 my buddy bought me a P. Imperator. It have been nothing but addicted since then and now own 24 scorps.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 2:22 pm

That's always where the addiction begins. Cool
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 3:41 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
well the jist of it is. Venom, feel free to throw yours in. This jail in Durango, Mexico had a cell that was a bit stange. Criminals would go in and and in the morning they were always found dead. The judge would give the criminals a choice of life in jail or one night in that cell. Many tried to survive but all failed. One day a man was convincted of a crime he did not commit and he decided to try his luck in the room. All previous criminal were given the option to take something in to defend themselves agains the uknown evil but still they all died. All that this man asked for was his "sombrero" and a candle to keep the room lit. Well in the morning the guards came in ready to drag his body out and saw that he was alive. He was sitting over his sombrero and under it they found a huge (this is where the myth changes alot too) 2 foot long scorpion.
-Eddy
Yeah, that's kind of what I heard, except it was regular sized scorp and he used the candles to countdown till sunrise.
I got the book with more details and everything.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/12/2008, 5:32 pm

me too. I'm just going by memmory.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
SNAFU
Pandinus
SNAFU

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/15/2008, 2:38 pm

Going on 5 years now. The first 4 though were just with P. Imperators. That was all I had access to from our local pet trade. Then doing a Google search for info, I ran across a few boards and sites that offered exotic pets. Who knew you could buy these from the net and have'em shipped right to your door?!!....everyone but me I guess at the time!
scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr. Quick
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty2/19/2008, 2:12 am

I don't have any scorps yet. My mother says that when I get my own place then I can have all the scorpions I want. So until then, I will soak up all the wonderful info, and enclosure ideas so I can be prepared when the day comes...((BTW, I started researching up on owning scorpions as a pet in 2000 or 2001.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?   How long have you been in the scorpion hobby? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long have you been in the scorpion hobby?
Page 1 of 1