The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

British members

Go down 
+5
LadyRiotControl
*Connie*
scorpion111
~Abyss~
lycanlord
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

British members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 5:29 pm

the americans have the tarantula thing in texas so why cant we have a british one???

LadyRiotControl wrote:
so the younger of the SF crowd may not be able to attend.
that...sucks...
i would prefer that you had to proove who you were before meeting...eg. take a pic and show who you are and when you turn up , if you are obviously not the person in the picture then they cant come. or... i dont know but i really want to go and the only 2 people under 15 on here are me and scorpion111 and were both in the UK. anyway...what kind of wierdo who wanted to stalk little kiddies would think to look on a forum about scorpions Rolling Eyes there all on facebook and all that rubbish.

should there be rules about collecting, like what you can take, how many??

should there be a leader or should we just go and one or two people read the map? should there be groups or should we all go as one or individually? should there be a person (the leader) with all the info on the area?
can we bring guests (sensible ones...no damn chavs) to get them into the hobby???
vote for a leader?
LOL
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:00 pm

i apologise if you were offended by my comment. some parents can be over protective thats why i said some younger members MAY not be able to attend. Im certainly not saying that younger members COULDN'T attend. But at the end of the day if you are under 16 you have to respect parents decisions, especially if you're travelling 200 miles down south to meet up with people you have only ever spoken to on the net.
If this event was to continue annually then it would only be a short time before you could join the fun anyway.
But with all due respect and although I may sound as though i am being con descending, if you are under 16 you are still classed as a minor.

Simple way around is if you're on msn and have a webcam... you can actually see the person. But even though it is doubtful that any 'weirdo's' may frequent this forum the possibility cannot be ruled out. And any event like this needs to be properly thought out and organised. And all the above pointers from your post would be duly noted.

As for the group leader or organiser I think that should be decided by the forum moderators/administrators. If they're happy for us brits to organise an event in the name of SF all is well and good. but i think it should be up to them as to who gets the 'position' so to speak. Then we can put our heads together to make official arrangements.

Mods and Admins its over to you...
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:12 pm

mabye we should all meet up in 30 years time when global warming has heated britain and lots of exotics live here..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:14 pm

that seems fair lady, the chances are that when the day comes so to speak, that me you (lady) and luke (scorpion111 i think thats his name) could and probs should meet up in leeds then get train down south, or i may be driving by then and can help with lifts lol
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:16 pm

lycanlord19 wrote:
that seems fair lady, the chances are that when the day comes so to speak, that me you (lady) and luke (scorpion111 i think thats his name) could and probs should meet up in leeds then get train down south, or i may be driving by then and can help with lifts lol

darth vader is my father lol? its calum. Smile
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:24 pm

lol sorry callum, luke is another english guy that joined asked about the best starter scorp then dissapeared i got you mixed up then haha, but yeah if you were gunna get down south ud stop in leeds and im assuming lady would go via leeds aswell, as would i so we three could make the journey together probably lol
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:27 pm

why couldnt we meet where we are going to go? cornwall or something
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:30 pm

and shouldnt the person incharge be from england...if so then connie is the only british mod on here(i think) and she is really close to cornwall
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:42 pm

where is cornwall anyway?
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:51 pm

south west.

And once again calum i didn't mean to sound rude. But speaking as a mother of three if, when my daughter is 13 and asks me if she can travel to the other end of the country to meet up with basically a bunch of strangers (although we know each other well enough on here)... I know exactly what my answer would be if i wasn't inclined to arachnids etc... an outright no.

Luckily i am full on into arachnids so should that occasion arise i would probably go with her lol!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:58 pm

oh well.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 6:58 pm

i only have to wait another three years.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:02 pm

unless you get permission
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:03 pm

it will fly by trust me! Friends again Calum? flower

I will be the first to admit that when an event could be in the pipeline i can get ahead of myself. 10 years in senior Admin and P.A positions kinda take the better of me!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:10 pm

LadyRiotControl wrote:
it will fly by trust me! Friends again Calum? flower

I will be the first to admit that when an event could be in the pipeline i can get ahead of myself. 10 years in senior Admin and P.A positions kinda take the better of me!

what do you mean friends again? we didn't fall out! i didn't mean to sound harsh.

p.s i don't want them to fly by! i want to get away with things as long as i can. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:11 pm

Good lad!

I was just worried i had offended you.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:13 pm

'coarse not. Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:17 pm

glad to hear it.

And we'll have to collar connie when she's on again about the meet up.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:19 pm

i never got away with much when i was younger, everyone knew i was guilty hahaha.
connie should be on in the morning.
hey you two can add me on msn if you like im on there alot recently
graham_mudd@hotmail.com
iv already got 2 of our english members on there lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:28 pm

added.

mine mrs_stigg@hotmail.co.uk
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:32 pm

mine? c_mcneil@live.co.uk i dont know if thats right or not..... can someone test it out?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:33 pm

see when you click on that does outlook express 6 come up for you guys?
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:35 pm

yea outlook express came up
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/30/2008, 7:40 pm

ahh so i'm not the only one i thought that was a reallly old version or someting.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty7/31/2008, 8:51 am

what you on about? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British members   British members - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

British members
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2