The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Gravid scorpio marus palmatus

Go down 
+4
Canth
Kejser
Mr. Mordax
LadyRiotControl
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty
PostSubject: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/20/2008, 6:56 pm

right i am currently browsing the net for a pic of the above scorp in gravid condition.

reason being one of the females i have just bought is rather fat as in round and elongated, the back plates starting to separate.
Other reason being is that she is kicking hell out of the male.. its not mating dance she is really being aggressive. the other male and female have settled down and you can get near them... the fat female goes into offensive position whenever you go near the tank and starts trying to tag as soon as you're within 2-3" of her. I have noticed the other female is staying well out of the way! She is approx 5cm length so i recon she is of sexual maturity. (cant get an accurate length i'll lose my fingertips lmao!)

The other two have settled in shallow burrows or under the cork bark. she is furiously trying to burrow deeper.

So for the males safety's sake i have separated her to another enclosure. I have offered crix to see if she is hungry. Im not counting out the fact that she may just be ready to slough but she looks like she may have sloughed not to long ago before i bought her, her body is still pretty shiny. Or it may be that she is a VERY feisty female!

If anyone has any pictures of a gravid or has successfully bred this sp please let me know, This is the first time i have kept this sp so any personal input would be great.

LRC xxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/20/2008, 8:59 pm

Can you get a shot of her from the side? Sometimes when they're gravid you can see new embryos through the membrane.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 7:26 am

eerrm yeah sort of but the inbuilt macro setting on my camera aint the best in the world! got a jewellers loupe coming sometime this week so will have a good look with that. Until i can afford a (set of?) macro lenses!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 10:05 am

My best suggestion is to get a good SLR and then use the manual focus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 10:10 am

It can be hard to get really good macro shoots with out alot of lighting..
i have tried it a couple of times now.. allso freehanding macro shots tend to get abit blurry.. so something for it to stand on and a remote is perfekt.. with alot of lighting.. a Ring flash or something like that..
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 10:15 am

A scanner might also be pretty useful for an undershot. Just don't close it on the scorp Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 1:21 pm

lol will try with tripod in a bit. I have a fuji finepix s9500. not quite a DSLR but closest i could afford at the time. Canon 400D is on the xmas list Smile hint hint hint to hubby!
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 1:23 pm

Got a Canon 350D Rebel XT with a couple of glasses.. 100mm Canon macro works pretty good but mostly its the shooter not the equipment that does something wrong.. but with that big a lense you need alot of lighting.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 1:53 pm

I've got the Canon Rebel XT and can get some great closeups with just the kit lens.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 2:00 pm

Yeah but iam talking really really good pictures..

http://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=604&u=1909&pl=3052
http://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=604&u=1909&pl=2988
http://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=604&u=1909&pl=2984
http://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=604&u=1909&pl=3367

This is a some of the good pictures i have taken with my Rebel XT with a 100mm macro lense.. but trust me it can be much much much better.. but yeah Mike the kit lense is great for close-ups as well.. Very Happy hmm i need more time so i can go play with my cam.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 4:00 pm

did you take those pics? very nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 4:06 pm

hmm crap i geuss i hijacked a thread?..

I hope she is prego LadyRiot
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/21/2008, 7:30 pm

Kejser wrote:
hmm crap i geuss i hijacked a thread?..

I hope she is prego LadyRiot

hehehe no probs! not taken pic yet will do it tomorrow.. got caught up with housework!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/22/2008, 3:13 am

if agressive and looking bit and not eating. I would say yes gravid!
But...we can all get a "phil mitchell" in a tank that bullies the others...
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/22/2008, 11:01 am

right this is the best picture i could get of her, as you can see from the pic, the last 2/3 of her abdomen are swollen. The agression you can see in the picture is what she is like whenever you go near her. She's been that aggressive she has even lost the very tip of her telson!

And we got our jewellers loupe today, and under 30X magnification you can not only see the tiny babies but you can also see them move. Was pretty awesome to see! I recon she still has a bit to go yet but I cant wait to be a mummy again!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Either that or she has some hellish parasites in her!!!

Gravid scorpio marus palmatus DSCF3856cropped
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/22/2008, 11:08 am

nice! this scorp always reminds me of an emp.
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/26/2008, 11:35 am

poor little girl is missing her stinger but to me she doesnt look gravid but ive only delt with gravid P.Imps so dont take my word for it
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty7/26/2008, 3:05 pm

I couldn't get a picture of her while her body was to the ground, where she does look a lot fatter than when she's in attack position. Time will tell though.Either way coz of her attitude i've decided to call her PMT!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/9/2008, 10:32 am

Just an update. The SMP is now twice its size from previous picture, Very fat and elongated now. She's getting docile, tries to put up a fight if my hand goes near the tank but for the most part she's underground most of the time. Tried to get a picture but she wont stay out long enough.

To add to matters the spinal column is now very noticeable along her back, its like someone got a permanent marker and drew a stripe on her lol.

Getting excited to say the least!

LRC xx
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/9/2008, 10:42 am

ahh we may have a brood at the same time the same thing with my het... she was fat.... now her cords showing aswell.. im excited..
the only thing is... shes refusing to burrow???
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/9/2008, 10:46 am

depends on the temperature of the substrate. or she may be due any time now and needs the space to maneuver. will be glad to hear how things go for you.

woo hoo lots of baby scorps!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/19/2008, 7:16 pm

just another update.

PMT as i lovingly call her spends 99% of the time in and digging further into her burrow. on the occasions i have seen her she is defo getting larger and can no longer manage to eat a full 2/3i cricket. she's looking remarkably like a ping pong ball with limbs!

tried to get a picture of her today but she dragged her heaving body away before i could get the picture!

I have a male and a female in the other critter keeper and the female in there is looking rather plump too so going to be watching her closely. methinks i might need to get a couple more critter keepers in case she decides to have a go at the male... who stays well clear of her. if their paths meet he runs away like mad!!!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/20/2008, 3:24 am

....I might have to buy some of you if you have a sucessful brood!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/20/2008, 6:14 am

yeah no probs. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty8/20/2008, 5:07 pm

yay!
*does a little dance*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravid scorpio marus palmatus   Gravid scorpio marus palmatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Gravid scorpio marus palmatus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next