The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty
PostSubject: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/17/2008, 6:08 am

aside from being inundated in work I came home tuesday night to find the 20 long I keep all my enclosures in out on the front lawn and a note on the 'puter saying that my sis found 2 baby spiders that she thought were my Steatoda grossa slings in a cup by the computer. I pulled in the enclosures and started finding one by one DEAD. I inquired as to what time they went out and she said 4pm. 4pm they went into the front yard and the front yard is on the west side of the house...she killed over 50% of my remaining animals. I'm broke and in severe debt so I'm thinking I may have to leave the hobby for an indeterminate period of time until I can get away from mentally defective people who don't give a damn about the well being of animals, especially when the animals aren't theirs.

death toll:
1.2.X Steatoda grossa
1.1.0 U. mordax
0.1.0 C. sculpturatus
0.0.2 I. maculatus
0.0.2 C. fasciatum
0.0.1 L. parahybana
0.1.0 C. vittatus
0.3.0 T. serrulatus

among the living all my scorps are between i2 and i4. needless to say, I'm glad that work prevented me from setting up trades and has kept me away from the 'puter long enough that I'm sure orders that I had to pay for were resold because I would have been out a lot worse. for now all I had going for me is shelved. sorry if I had a trade or order lined up with any of you - maybe we can pick up where we left off when I get myself out of this dump.

I'll make it a point to continue my position here at SF but my contract at this job site just got extended another 2wks so I'll be in when I can until after we hand the keys over on the building

Apparently, Eddy has left as well. we live in a sad world don't we? I'm not leaving the hobby fully and I don't believe that I will be letting any of my remaining scorps and my sole tarantula go for any price as the hobby is all I really have anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/17/2008, 8:54 am

Dude i whould have killed her.. why whould she do something like that...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/17/2008, 9:28 am

I'm really sorry to hear that man. Mad It's hard to believe how ignorant some people can be.

If it's any consolation, my U. mordax just had babies -- I may be able to send you a pair after they hit 2I and I sex them.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/17/2008, 9:44 am

So your family took all your tanks outside?!? im sorry but what the heck is wrong with them?
They were YOUR animals and not for them to touch or move!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/18/2008, 8:43 pm

Ras, your always welcomed back here and as soon as you can moderate again let me know
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty7/23/2008, 8:39 pm

there we go, I can post on here. depending on work and such I should be on here a few times a wk, I'll be keeping up with my studies and such and posting as much as I can when I can. my sis is an idiot and I have taken my remaining scorps and myself elsewhere. my probation is going to be revoked because my workenders got screwed up so I might have to do a few wks in the can for my dwai's but thus is life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!   bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

bad news, I might be leaving the hobby for a little while!!!
Page 1 of 1