The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)

Go down 
+4
~Abyss~
LadyRiotControl
Kejser
R-Dawg
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 10:18 am

First link -- that's not corkbark, but it still works (I use that in a few tanks)

Second link -- that's coco fiber; some recommend that, some recommend peat. It's all personal choice.

Third link -- I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
R-Dawg
Centruroides
R-Dawg

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 11:21 am

Thanks!

What evers cheaper i'm going to get because i'm short on money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.waspstorm.darkbb.com
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 1:29 pm

this is cork bark: -

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~iany/patterns/images/cork_bark.jpg

and as for the burrow, probably not because the idea of a burrow is privacy and it would be too light for them to be happy.

i prefer peat pure and simply because its dirt cheap for a huge bag! coconut substrate is good though. but when you have as many reptiles and arachnids as we do it makes more sense to use peat.

and the hides look pretty ok but you'd want smaller ones to suit the size of the scorpion. if it's too big they wont bother with them!
Back to top Go down
R-Dawg
Centruroides
R-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 2:02 pm

so the smallet size they have? And do they need any kind of heating pad/heat light or something to make it humid inside or would spraying in the tank every day be good enough?

And for c. vittatus would they accept coco fiber mixed with sand? it says they need sand mixxed with peat but idk.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 3:33 pm

i had a small heat pad for the night and a spot lamp for the day, i sprayed mine in the morning and before i went to bed so that the substrate stayed firm enough to be burrowed into. dont want it totally dry or any burrows will collapse.
Back to top Go down
R-Dawg
Centruroides
R-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 4:21 pm

Okay and what temp. should the lamp be at?
Do they have to have a heat pad?

(just thought id ask because at night the temp goes around high 60s-anywhere in 70s because my room is so hot in the summer)
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 4:45 pm

they dont have to have a heatmat, you may not even have to provide suplumental heating if you live in a nice warm area.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 5:31 pm

look at this, very similar species, basically same to keep... all the info you need to provide a lovely home for your O.Walberghi. This is what i based my tank on

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/o_glabrifrons.php
Back to top Go down
R-Dawg
Centruroides
R-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/16/2008, 5:41 pm

Thank you! I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
R-Dawg
Centruroides
R-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/17/2008, 11:37 am

I last question...How often should I feed it?
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty7/18/2008, 4:07 am

i fed mine a 1-2 crickets twice a week. or you could feed them once a week this info based on them being near adults.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)   Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Info needed on Ophistothalmus walberghi (tri color scorp.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2