The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Baby vaejovis is still alive!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cwebster
Pandinus

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-04-08

Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty
PostSubject: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty4/17/2017, 9:56 pm

we were very sad when mom and dad vaejovis died last week. Tonight, i was checking under a piece of buried corkboard and there is still a juvenile!!! Not sure why mom and dad died. Removed the largest crickets but left a couple of pinheads. Have been keeping them on sand but am thinking of putting some other medium more like a forest floor if he makes it. Any suggestions please? I hope whatever took out mom and dad doesnt harm the cute little guy. We had them two years and cherished them. Help! Hope it is a female.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty4/18/2017, 1:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear you lost your adults. At least you've found a survivor!

A sand and coir mix is good for this species. Keep a corner slightly damp, and offer water via misting the sides a couple of times a week to avoid dehydration.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
cwebster
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty4/18/2017, 8:06 pm

My significant other cleaned out the tank and discovered a second baby survivor. But he put half sand and halfpeat moss and wet it heavilysoi wouldnt let him put the babies back yet. I usedto keep ashallow dish withpeat moss and springtails and a bottle cap with water. Is the new tank too wet for them?
Back to top Go down
cwebster
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty4/19/2017, 7:50 am

Ok, i put them in a smaller container inside the aquarium. Substrate is dry half cocoearth and half sand. Gave them a cork hide, bottlecap of water, a few pinhead crickets. Am hoping they will grow up. Was so glad to see them!!!
Back to top Go down
cwebster
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty4/19/2017, 8:57 pm

Today found one of the babies apparently drowning in the bottlecap so removed him carefully. He ran off a little later. Put a smaller bottle cap with sponge in it so hope that will be safer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby vaejovis is still alive!   Baby vaejovis is still alive! Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby vaejovis is still alive!
Page 1 of 1