The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Urophonius granulatus

Go down 
+2
~Abyss~
LadyRiotControl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Urophonius granulatus Empty
PostSubject: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/12/2008, 8:39 pm

Has anyone kept this sp or very similar and can they tell me what sort of set up they had/have.

Have one due to arrive on monday and can find bugger all info on these little fella's!

I have done a peat/vermiculite mix as main substrate with a few pea size aquarium stones and some tree bark. also put in a small exo-terra cave and water bowl (filled with stones so the scorp wont drown) Thought this was a safe bet until i could get more info

cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/12/2008, 9:41 pm

wow i never seen anyone with these species.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/13/2008, 7:48 pm

me neither im looking around trying to get some info on it but i can fnd basically nothing, sorry
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/13/2008, 7:57 pm

yeah im gunna email jan ove rein, he has a good contact in africa who could hopefully tell me more about them
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/13/2008, 7:59 pm

good luck and if you do find something out, post it on here im sure it will come in usefull one day.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/13/2008, 11:46 pm

Yeah Jan ove will proably find something for her... no doubt about that.. he have helped me acouple of times too Very Happy allways a good pal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/14/2008, 1:46 am

My general advice would be to put them in an over sized container. Something that would be a bit bigger than what you'd normally put it in. Then put moist peat/coir on one side and dry peat/coir on the other side. Both with similar hides and see which side it prefers.

I'm willing to bet that they prefer the moist side. I would make the temps about...80-85F
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/14/2008, 3:29 am

yeah thats kind of how i planned to do it.... its only tiny when fully grown so i've got a 12" critter keeper with most forest stuff in that i would provided for this type of species.

fingers crossed and watch for pictures later today....
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Hadogenes
Skywalker

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/14/2008, 7:07 pm

Hi,

please don't keep this species too hot! 30°C is definitely too warm for these little scorpions. Urophonius granulatus is found in the very south of Argentina in the province Santa Cruz. I have two links for you with climatic diagrams for this part of Argentina.

Comodore Rivadavia: this town is a bit north of the province but there's no other diagram available for this area.

Rio Gallegos: this town is in the south of the province.

The average temperature doesn't even reach the 20°C mark in summer. So keep them cool Wink

Cheers,
Peter
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty7/14/2008, 7:23 pm

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

thats the first info i have received on them. I only have the one, it arrived this morning. I put it into a 6" critter keeper because its sooo dinky, 2cm if that! Feisty little male I didn't realist they tagged so readily!

I've been keeping it room temperature because its defo warm enough in out flat. on a hot day its 26 degrees and about 18 degrees on the night. It is situated in the cooler end of the room so I recon it will be ok.

Once again many thanks you're a star xxx

Lisa Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urophonius granulatus   Urophonius granulatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Urophonius granulatus
Page 1 of 1