The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Themaniac19
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-02-04

Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply. Empty
PostSubject: Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.   Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply. Empty2/4/2017, 9:10 pm

How do you guys heat multiple scorpion tanks? My room's currently at 21c during the winter and jumps to 25+ during the summer. I'm curious as to what I should do to heat up more than a few tanks at once. I have a few Asians forests (Pandinus cavimanus, P. imperator, Heterometrus cf. petersii) that are fine at those temps, but I'm looking to pick up some desert scorpions soon. I was thinking on a Hadrurus sp. and a Hadogenes sp.. Any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Leigh
Centruroides

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.   Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply. Empty2/5/2017, 11:56 am

If the species tolerate the same conditions then one larger enclosure with partitions. This enables one volume of air to be heated. I have a 3' aquarium with three glass partitions about 8" high. In each corner I have a 8x8"smaller aquarium. I keep 5 P. Trans like this
Back to top Go down
Wattsy
SCORPIONMOD
Wattsy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.   Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply. Empty2/13/2017, 2:58 pm

I use a cabinet / vivarium conversion with shelves, have the lower temp specimens in the bottom shelves and deserts can sit under lower wattage lighting / near a temperature controlled ceramic towards the top, allowing for cooler species at the bottom such as Euroscorpius and Hets, and then deserts in the top. Many different ways of doing it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.   Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply. Empty

Back to top Go down

Heating multiple scorpion tanks cheaply.
Page 1 of 1