The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Bad molt, hadogenes p.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roargathor
Pandinus
Roargathor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-01-08

Bad molt,  hadogenes p. Empty
PostSubject: Bad molt, hadogenes p.   Bad molt,  hadogenes p. Empty11/6/2016, 5:22 pm

So my female hadogenes paucidens "Sola" molted a few days ago.  Unfortunately it was a bad one.  most of her legs on one side became deformed and bent reverse of their correct position. Her right claw was completely stuck in the old skin and was broken off.  The left claw was badly deformed and I don't think it can function...  She is lively and responsive now.. but it breaks my heart to see her so mal-shapen.  I don't know what to do.  I wish I could help her reshape her claw back into a position that would make it useful enough to feed herself.  As it is, I don't see her surviving.  I don't think she will take food by hand for the rest of her life...  Anyway here is a picture...

Bad molt,  hadogenes p. 2gv3jpg

So..  I don't think she's gonna make it long.  What is the best way to handle this?  Freezer? My wife and I are pretty upset about it.  She really is a sweet scorp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.griffardart.weebly.com
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad molt, hadogenes p.   Bad molt,  hadogenes p. Empty11/7/2016, 2:29 pm

Sorry about your scorpion. The poor thing looks like it's in a real mess. It looks like she may actually be a he, looking at the length of its tail.

I've never had to euthanize such a large scorpion, but given its size, crushing isn't a pleasant option.

I think putting him in the freezer is probably for the best. He could potentially last for weeks or more in this state before dying, which wouldn't be pleasant for the scorpion, or you.
Back to top Go down
Roargathor
Pandinus
Roargathor

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Bad molt, hadogenes p.   Bad molt,  hadogenes p. Empty11/8/2016, 12:55 am

Yeah... Dammit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.griffardart.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad molt, hadogenes p.   Bad molt,  hadogenes p. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad molt, hadogenes p.
Page 1 of 1