The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Just a quick burrow question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dylan Barton
Pandinus
Dylan Barton

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-09-26

Just a quick burrow question. Empty
PostSubject: Just a quick burrow question.   Just a quick burrow question. Empty9/27/2016, 8:50 pm

Hello! I am new to all of this but straight to the point, I just brought home a baby Asian forest scorpion (not sure about the exact type) and for the first day he was running around his new cage all day but now he has burrowed into a corner and has been there ever since, i don't think he has moved at all, i understand that they can stay burrowed a lot but i guess this post is more for peace of mind to myself on whether he is ok or not. Thanks!

P.s sorry about the run-on sentence lol
Back to top Go down
Wattsy
SCORPIONMOD
Wattsy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick burrow question.   Just a quick burrow question. Empty9/28/2016, 10:56 am

Should be fine.  Does the Scorpion have some Cork Bark / Objects to hide under?  An image of your setup would be good to have a look at!

Scorpions are almost always hiding as they exhibit Photophobic behavior (They dislike the light).
And as they're almost all sit and wait predators, they will find a spot they like and remain there for a large amount of their time, waiting for any critters to run by and quickly snatch them for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Barton
Pandinus
Dylan Barton

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick burrow question.   Just a quick burrow question. Empty9/29/2016, 6:35 pm

He currently has a half log hide and 2 ghetto cup hides until i can get some more stuff! He finally came out and has been sleeping in all three instead.

Off of that subject i just had him take a cricket, is it normal for them to carry around their food like they are showing it off? haha  Just a quick burrow question. 14446210
Back to top Go down
Dylan Barton
Pandinus
Dylan Barton

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick burrow question.   Just a quick burrow question. Empty9/29/2016, 6:40 pm

And his/her current setup.
Just a quick burrow question. 20160910
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick burrow question.   Just a quick burrow question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a quick burrow question.
Page 1 of 1