The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Urodacus manicatus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Dunn
Hadogenes
Dave Dunn

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Urodacus manicatus Empty
PostSubject: Urodacus manicatus   Urodacus manicatus Empty3/26/2016, 7:58 am

Got a Urodacus manicatus female with babies! All the information says dont feed her until the babies leave her back and become second instars,which should take 12 to 16 days. She's got a veracious appetite. The advice is to not feed until the young leave. I've always fed her when she appears at the end of her scape looking for food,usually about wednesday and on the weekend,since having her babies she wants food every second day,the day after being fed. I disable a cricket by almost severing it's head with my thumbnail and dropping it in front of her,she takes immediately. The babies are still on her back after 5 weeks,all healthy. I think they leave their mum for one of two reasons,1 they arent getting what they need from their mother so they moult to develop mouth parts so they can feed for themselves,or 2,they have absorbed all the nutrition they can and they need to grow,I think in this case it'll be the latter Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave Dunn
Hadogenes
Dave Dunn

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Urodacus manicatus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urodacus manicatus   Urodacus manicatus Empty3/26/2016, 8:01 am

Black Rock Scorpion for people who like common names Smile
Back to top Go down

Urodacus manicatus
Page 1 of 1