The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Vacation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gh0st
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-11-30

Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Vacation   Vacation Empty1/31/2016, 4:21 pm

Hey Guys. So..I live in Indiana..and in July we are taking a small vacation to Hershey Park. We will be gone for about 4 to 6 days.
The issue I am having is..I don't really trust anyone taking care of Z properly. The trip will be around 9 hours (one way). How much stress do you think it would cause on the scorpion if we took her with us??
I am sure I could find someone if I had to..to handle her needs..but most of my fam and friends are terrified to put their hands in her cage..and I want her water bowl changed out daily..and then you have the crickets. Soo...yeah..what to do??

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thank you..

~Gh0st~
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Vacation Empty1/31/2016, 5:13 pm

If it's only 6 days, then you should have nothing to worry about. Getting packed up and taken on a 9 hour journey will be stressful for the scorpion.

Make sure the substrate is nice and damp, top up its water bowl and feed it before you go. Remember to remove any uneaten insects before you depart.

I went on a 3 week trip to the US last year, and didn't get anyone to care for my scorpions. I keep mostly desert and temperate species, so I cooled them down and put them into 'hibernation'. A little earlier than normal, but it was November anyway, so it was no real bother for them. For the few tropical, humid climate species I have, I just made sure their enclosures wouldn't dry out while I was away. No problem for a scorpion to fast for 3 weeks, even the juveniles.
Back to top Go down

Vacation
Page 1 of 1