The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpions and air conditioners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harish99
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-08-14

Scorpions and air conditioners Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions and air conditioners   Scorpions and air conditioners Empty1/5/2016, 12:11 pm

Just asking,is it okay to keep an afs in an air conditioned room?If yes then what temperature?
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and air conditioners   Scorpions and air conditioners Empty1/9/2016, 12:22 pm

Afs i.e. Heterometrus spp.? If you are keeping the scorpion in an unheated enclosure then you will need to set your A/C to the high 20c's to low 30c's (80's in f) which I imagine wouldn't be very comfortable for you. Better to get a heat mat or lamp to keep your scorpion warm, and set the A/C to whatever is comfortable for you, unless of course you enjoy tropical heat in your room.
Back to top Go down
Harish99
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and air conditioners   Scorpions and air conditioners Empty1/9/2016, 12:33 pm

Thanks,i actually got a fan so i would be cooled.I am still kinda OK with this.
Back to top Go down
Dave Dunn
Hadogenes
Dave Dunn

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and air conditioners   Scorpions and air conditioners Empty1/30/2016, 12:42 am

Generally Air Conditioners will dry the air so keep in mind that the enclosure may dry out faster than usual,you may need to check moisture levels more often. My Air-Con is tiny and doesn't drop the temperature by much after a few days around 40C,but my scorpion tanks dried out surprisingly fast. I use false bottom systems for all my scorps,drying out is not usually a problem,I rarely add water,but after a few days with the Air-Con on a couple were very dry and the scorpions digging for moisture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and air conditioners   Scorpions and air conditioners Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpions and air conditioners
Page 1 of 1