The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

H. Laoticus not feeding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thomasjdixon
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-11-30

H. Laoticus not feeding Empty
PostSubject: H. Laoticus not feeding   H. Laoticus not feeding Empty12/4/2015, 11:29 am

Hi, so i'm new to scorpions but i do have past experience with mantids and leopard geckos as well as certain more fluffy creatures! So, one week ago i got a H. Laoticus from metamorphosis. Since then i have let it settle in, and have left crickets in the enclosure with it(i dislike doing this due to my experience with mantids , though i did provide adequate food for them) I have however found these crickets in the morning, and when offered to the scorpion in an obvious manner, it does not even react, even when they are moving on the ground in front of it, and touching it. It does not have any of the factors hinting at a moult and always curls up in its hide, seemingly afraid, though i have only checked on it once in the last two days.

Last edited by thomasjdixon on 12/6/2015, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thomasjdixon
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: H. Laoticus not feeding   H. Laoticus not feeding Empty12/4/2015, 11:34 am

H. Laoticus not feeding Img_2710
H. Laoticus not feeding Img_2712
Back to top Go down
thomasjdixon
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: H. Laoticus not feeding   H. Laoticus not feeding Empty12/6/2015, 3:20 pm

Update:so, my scorpion fed last night, and i think it was just settleing in to its new environment
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: H. Laoticus not feeding   H. Laoticus not feeding Empty12/9/2015, 12:50 am

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, sounds like pretty typical behavior to me.

On another note, are you sure that's a H. laoticus? I swear I can see some granulation on the carapace, which would indicate otherwise. I could be wrong of course.

If you can get close up pics of the carapace, patella of the pedipalps, and a side view of the 5th metasomal segment I can give a positive ID.

Best,

Collin
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H. Laoticus not feeding   H. Laoticus not feeding Empty

Back to top Go down

H. Laoticus not feeding
Page 1 of 1