The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

pandinus cavimanus scorplings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-03-22

pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty
PostSubject: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty10/18/2015, 2:14 pm

I have only seen my P Cavimanus' claws a few times in the last 2 ish months and she hasn't ventured out in the evenings as she did most nights at 20.30 on the ball to say hello and wander about, she has definitely been eating as the crickets are going.

Was watering the viv as it had become dryer than i normally like it and she wandered past the entrance of her burrow and boy did I get a surprise.

SCORPLINGS on her back!! I can only see 3, could there be more?

Sorry for the poor picture but I need some help?

A, how long is gestation period for a scorpion, I got her on the 19th October 2014 so a year tomorrow!!!
B, what do I do now, short of googling it, I haven't got a clue, what and when do they eat, when do i separate them, can you experts help me?
C, what do I do with them long term?

Excited but nervous :-)

pandinus cavimanus scorplings 2mkbok
Back to top Go down
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

PostSubject: Re: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty10/20/2015, 9:14 am

One has ventured off the mothers back now, I'm going to put it in another viv I have.

Any more advise would be gratefully received!
Back to top Go down
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

PostSubject: Re: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty10/26/2015, 2:37 pm

Ok that one died and she has had at least 1 more as a snack.

Problem is I'm pretty sure a dead one is on her back that is now decomposing. I cant get to her as she is still down the burrow and I don't want to dig her out as the babies if any are left will be buried. Any ideas on how to clean it off or shall i just leave it all be?

Surprised i haven't heard back from anyone yet normally people are pretty quick to assist!
Back to top Go down
centuro
Pandinus
centuro

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-12-16

PostSubject: Re: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty12/22/2015, 7:37 pm

you should of just did some hardcore google research.
i would of tried my up,most best to ensure that the scorplings lived, i am surprised that she only had 3 on her back. maybe she killed more before you seen the three on her back,
or maybe she just had three but it does seem a shame that one died & one was eaten.
any way jester you were unlucky this time but next time make sure you are ready for it.
sometimes you can only rely on yourself & not on others

failure to prepare is preparing to fail
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/robinbud
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty1/1/2016, 5:39 pm

I'm very sorry that I didn't see this until now.

For future reference, the gestation period of scorpions varies depending on the species, but may range from a few months to almost two years. Pandinus and related genera may have gestation periods of 8-12 months.

Once the scorpions dismount from their mother you can feed them. They can eat pinhead crickets and larger insects that have been cut or crushed. The mother will often kill larger prey for them.

Again, very sorry I didn't see this. The staff here has been very busy lately and we haven't been on the forum much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pandinus cavimanus scorplings   pandinus cavimanus scorplings Empty

Back to top Go down

pandinus cavimanus scorplings
Page 1 of 1