The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

need the best answer...pls help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
styro_1687
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-10-14

need the best answer...pls help Empty
PostSubject: need the best answer...pls help   need the best answer...pls help Empty10/14/2015, 11:17 pm

hi good day everybody i would like to ask if there are in any instance can we say that there is sexual dimorphism in heterometrus madraspatensis.....if yes can my scorp this be visually gendered?

hoping someone could shed a light on this

need the best answer...pls help Dsc_0112
Back to top Go down
Dave Dunn
Hadogenes
Dave Dunn

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-01-29

need the best answer...pls help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need the best answer...pls help   need the best answer...pls help Empty2/15/2016, 9:35 am

I cant seem to find anything in english! here's this dodgy translation though! Smile
Recognition of gender: The most reliable method is to check the lid intercourse. Males have them more oval, while the lid females are more triangular. More than males have a longer femur and kneecap pedipalpy. The number of teeth of pectin for both sexes is 12-18 units.
So,basically like a lot of scorpions,the genital operculum is the telltale,here though rather than saying the male has a split or indented operculum,they are saying it is oval and the females more triangular.
I dont think anyone can tell you without seeing the underside of the scorpion,although assuming this scorp is well fed and hydrated,it seems to have a long body that might indicate male
Back to top Go down

need the best answer...pls help
Page 1 of 1