The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty
PostSubject: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty7/1/2015, 7:13 am

I live in Vietnam near Hochiminh City and found this critter on my film room wall a few months ago but was until now unable to determine the species. Having just received a link to a list of the species in Vietnam from a member I have been able to narrow it down to what I think is Buthidae, Iometrus Maculatus the lesser brown scorpion, I also think it is a female. It would be appreciated if someone could confirm whether I am right or wrong because I am very new to this hobby.

I tried to insert images but I cannot get it to work so I put the link to them below:-

https://s682.photobucket.com/user/JF2160/library/Scorpions?sort=3&page=1

John

EDIT: added some pictures to your post :-)

Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus <a href=Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus SAM_3332_zpsalhsxd5b" />

Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus <a href=Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus SAM_3315_zpsgdqydn2u" />
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty7/2/2015, 7:09 am

Many thanks to whoever added the photos to my post.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty7/2/2015, 2:37 pm

Looks more like a Lychas species to me. I'm thinking L. mucronatus.

I suggest reading this: http://www.scorpion-forum.com/t4977-asf-lychas-mucronatus
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Falcon
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty7/11/2015, 6:43 am

Thank you for the reply and the link, I do believe that you are correct in that our scorpion Sting is a lychas mucronatus and not an iometrus as I first thought. The description of its behaviour in the link you provided also fits very well with how our scorpion behaves.

Again many thanks for correcting me.

Regards
John F
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty7/11/2015, 2:03 pm

No problem. :-)

Have fun with this species, it's one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus   Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Confirmation of ID - Iometrus Maculatus
Page 1 of 1