The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Premolt or..?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khagra
Pandinus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Premolt or..? Empty
PostSubject: Premolt or..?   Premolt or..? Empty6/30/2015, 3:00 am

So, I have two H. spinifer (i believe anyway) and they have been pretty reclusive lately. I cleaned out their tank yesterday and noticed this one was getting a little tubby. Feeding schedule hasn't changed at all or anything so I'm wondering if it's a possible premolt or maybe they might be showing signs of being gravid? I sexed them myself, granted these two are my first scorpions and I was under the impression they were male.. but I'm not going to brush aside the idea I may have made a mistake either.

Here's a video of him I took today of them angrily searching for their old burrow entrance.

(roach was removed from tank, no interest in eating it. Hasn't eaten in two weeks at this point)

Also here's a video from october. Same scorpion, for size comparison.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Premolt or..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premolt or..?   Premolt or..? Empty6/30/2015, 10:04 am

Well, it looks like an adult to me, in which case it will never molt again, and it really doesn't look like it's in premolt. Being reclusive isn't indicative of being in premolt, as scorpions in general are reclusive in nature.

Also, it looks to be either an H. petersii or H. laoticus. Clear pictures or the carapace, pedipalps, and telson would help me be sure though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com

Premolt or..?
Page 1 of 1