The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

p. viatoris care

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lee_UK
Pandinus
lee_UK

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-06-28

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/28/2015, 9:47 am

hello all! this is my very first post on here Smile other then introducing my self of coarse so what i would like to know is if there are any viatoris keepers out there that could help me and others in the same position on care for them temps, substrate  etc any info at all will be grateful im hoping to get one very soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/28/2015, 3:26 pm

Well, very few people have kept this species so there'll be little info. around on captive conditions.

My advice would be to look up where this species is found, and then research the climate of this area. As for its habits etc., it's a Pandinus spp. so it will almost definitely be a burrower. So it will need a deep substrate that can support a burrow. There will be scientific papers somewhere describing the type of environments they are found in. A good start would be www.scorpiones.pl for range, scorpion files for papers and wunderground for climate. Also check the EU/German forums as these guys seem to get their hands on the unusual stuff most commonly.

If I had this species, from the little I know about it, I would keep it pretty hot (28c - 32c) during the day, allowing temperature to drop to the mid 20c's at night. Some humidity, particularly in the substrate, but probably not as humid as you would keep for P. imperator. And I would keep them singly because A) it seems only P. imperator tolerates communal living in this genus and B) even if it looks like this species might tolerate living in groups, they're too rare to risk losing because of cannibalism/fighting.
Back to top Go down
lee_UK
Pandinus
lee_UK

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/28/2015, 3:32 pm

thanks so much for the info i'll check out a few EU forums but i was also on the same thought as you where on how they should be kept cheers for your reply

when i get her ill put some photos up Smile
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/30/2015, 10:18 am

I second Callum's advice. Care should be pretty much the same as for Pandinus imperator, but if you want the specifics on the species I'd suggest digging around for some research papers.

Keep in mind however that the papers may be a little outdated, as the most recent revision elevated all the subgenera in the genus Pandinus, and thus the species is now known as Pandinurus viatoris
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lee_UK
Pandinus
lee_UK

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/30/2015, 10:28 am

i have her turning up tomorrow very excited! tank is all up and running just waiting for my prize possession Drool
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/30/2015, 2:13 pm

Just one?!? You should be breeding this species so it doesn't disappear from the hobby.
Back to top Go down
lee_UK
Pandinus
lee_UK

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty6/30/2015, 2:24 pm

well im hoping shes gravid! WC.. i can get a hold of a few more but real small ones and i think there all female Sad but a friend is looking to be breeding them in UK ill find out and get back Wink
Back to top Go down
lee_UK
Pandinus
lee_UK

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty7/1/2015, 10:52 am

looking to put up a picture but no clue how to do that but ive used it as my avatar so there is my p. viatoris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

p. viatoris care Empty
PostSubject: Re: p. viatoris care   p. viatoris care Empty

Back to top Go down

p. viatoris care
Page 1 of 1