The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Sick Asian Forest Scorpion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BONGLORD420
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-06-14

Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/14/2015, 2:10 am

Hey all I've never been on this forum before so I'm only here for this emergency. I got my scorpion about 3 weeks ago from this pet store that obviously didn't know jack about him so anyways. He's been normal, perfectly fine. I've had his temperature and humidity regulated by a red thermal light and misting. He has live plants, coconut fiber substrate, a hide, water dish, and he's always had two crickets available. I checked on him today and he has a white fungus looking thing on one of his legs so I googled it and someone said to just remove him and dry out the terrarium so I move his hide to the drier side and let it dry a lot. I check on him again later and the bottom segment of his leg (I'll call it his foot) has fallen off! Okay so now I'm freaking out right now. He's been restless tonight so I check on him again and the next segment of his leg has come off. I am really freaking out right now guys. Like about to lose my cool, I've never owned a scorpion before or anything but I'm love with this little guy. I'm sorry I don't know a lot or correct terminology.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/14/2015, 5:29 pm

Well first off, welcome to the forum. Sorry it's not under better circumstances.

I really don't know what to make of that. Sounds like some sort of fungal infection in which case keeping it in a dry enclosure should help. Make sure you offer a water dish at least every other day though.

Can you get pictures? It would be helpful to see exactly what you're referring to.

Also, is the scorpion an adult or a juvenile?

Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
BONGLORD420
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/14/2015, 6:47 pm

I've moved him out and have dried out the environment a little more. Will he be okay with a stump or worst case scenario an entire leg gone?
He's an adult. His leg looks like this but there's only a little white on one segment.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=919&q=scorpion+fungal+infection&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSJgkIUPGIbqmYgxoSCxCwjKcIGgAMCxCOrv4IGgAMIehnqHY-nuFq&sa=X&ved=0CBoQwg4oAGoVChMI34fVq6-QxgIVwQ-SCh12_QA0
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/14/2015, 6:51 pm

He'll be fine without a leg...my concern is it spreading and killing the scorp like in that picture.

I really need a picture of your scorpion to assess how bad it is though. You may need to amputate the limb.
Back to top Go down
BONGLORD420
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/15/2015, 1:30 pm

Okay so I got some pictures. Presenting Raul! He was really pissed and he's only blue from the UV light and the only reason I'm using one is so I can get a good picture, it's actually for my lizard.

Sick Asian Forest Scorpion 11414510

Sick Asian Forest Scorpion 11414710
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty6/15/2015, 5:35 pm

Hmmm.

Okay, I have an idea....

I want you to apply some hydrogen peroxide (like you would use on cuts and scrapes) to the affected area 2-3 times a day. Use an eye dropper or pipette and apply a few drops. After a minute or so rinse the affected area off with water. Do this for a couple weeks and see if it helps.

If it spreads more, let me know and I'll tell you how to amputate the limb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sick Asian Forest Scorpion   Sick Asian Forest Scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick Asian Forest Scorpion
Page 1 of 1