The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Exo Terra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2014-03-22

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty11/20/2014, 11:46 am

Hi all,

I have a Pandinus cavimanus in a Komodo set up which I have posted pics of in the forum. I have been looking at getting an Exo Terra either the 45 x 45 x 30 or 45 square.

Would be really interested to see what you think I prefer the 300mm high one and even better if you could post pics up so I could have a look.

I dont need convincing exo terra are good there is a massive one at my local store so I know the quality but they haven't got the size in stock I want and cant order in for me to look at of course.

Over to you Smile please let me know!

Jester.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty11/20/2014, 4:46 pm

Great enclosures, but, could end up being a pain for keeping burrowing scorpions in.

You'll have to bank the substrate up to the back, which is fine. However, if your scorpion decides to shift all its excavated sub to the front of the tank, then opening the doors will lead to a mess on the floor.

They are very pretty enclosures, though.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty11/21/2014, 10:57 am

Just found me one on a second hand site, £40.00 with new heat matt and thermostat. Its all brand new fella bought it and it was not what he wanted!!!!! Bought another one, lucky find.

It has the background included i guess i wont be able to put the heat matt behind it as it is an insulator?

Will post a pic or two up in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty11/28/2014, 7:18 pm

The new set up is awesome, much bigger than my last one and more importantly she loves it. Four days in i came down stairs to a great mess where she has burrowed down overnight in the hide to the back near the heat matt. Im a bit gutted as you cant see her now but pleased as she is obviously a very happy scorpion!

It's cold here in the UK now but its about 27 in there, is this what i can expect now or will she come out again as she use to every night about 21.30 explore around for hours?

Thoughts please folks from other red claw owners.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Pandinus
Jester

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty1/1/2015, 4:26 pm

I decided to gently dig up my Cavimanus over Christmas as I needed to add extra substrate. Put a good couple of inches in. She wasn't happy to be dug up one bit! However overnight she re dug her burrow in exactly the same place.

I just want someone to confirm that this is totally normal behavior and this is now how my scorp will live. She is definitely eating as the crickets disappear but apart from the tips of the claws I haven't seen her at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exo Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exo Terra   Exo Terra Empty

Back to top Go down

Exo Terra
Page 1 of 1