The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
That_wastell_guy
Pandinus

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-08-11

Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits  Empty
PostSubject: Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits    Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits  Empty10/19/2014, 10:03 pm

Hello everyone; I have had my Asian Rainforest Scorpion for a couple of month and everything has been going great. I buy 6 large crickets at a time and leave them in the scorpions habitat so she can feed as she needs. She typically eats one or two every couple days and the 6 crickets will last just longer than a week. Within the last week though, she ate 6 crickets within a 18 hour span and then finished off the one straggler the next day. I waited two days before getting more crickets and within 6 hours of putting them in the habitat, she has already ate 5. I've read about scorpions being over-fed and I am wondering if what I have been doing is wrong. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits    Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits  Empty10/20/2014, 1:07 pm

I don't think you can overfeed a scorpion. They will stop eating when they don't want anymore food. Is she an adult? Could she be gravid?

I will say that you shouldn't leave a load of crickets in with her for long periods, though. Being stuck in an enclosed space with crickets running all over her for a week is probably going to be stressful. I would offer her several prey items once per week. If these aren't eaten overnight, remove them and try again in a weeks time.
Back to top Go down

Asian Rainforest scorpion's eating habits
Page 1 of 1