The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Anuroctonus pococki housing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
InsectaPhilos
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-05

Anuroctonus pococki housing Empty
PostSubject: Anuroctonus pococki housing   Anuroctonus pococki housing Empty10/5/2014, 4:31 am

So here's the deal,

I recently caught 2 A. pococki (male and female. I have read that they stay in their burrows for the most part. I caught the female by luring her out of the hole. The earth was dense and clay/sandstone type consistency. They have large claws that make burrowing easier. I want to use ZooMed Excavator but I've heard that it hardens like cement. What can I use to mimic the original substrate or will excavator work if I use it a certain way? Please help. I want to set up the perfect habitat that resembles their environment.

InsectaPhilos
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Anuroctonus pococki housing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anuroctonus pococki housing   Anuroctonus pococki housing Empty10/5/2014, 6:41 am

Hi, I like to mix just a little excavator sand in with normal reptile or playsand just so it dries hard enough to hold their burrows. Roughly 20% excavator I suppose, at a guess.

The trick is to get the mixture just wet enough so it compacts down, you can sculpt it how you want it, start off a couple burrows. Then allow it to completely dry out, this takes some time to dry out properly though.

Anuroctonus pococki housing IMG_3410
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/

Anuroctonus pococki housing
Page 1 of 1