The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Little crawling buggers in with my Emps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
leorin
Pandinus
leorin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-07-05

Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty
PostSubject: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty9/3/2014, 5:41 am

I have some tiny creatures crawling around on the substrate and decor and I'm not sure what they are. The best way I could describe them is something like a pale greyish aphid type thing. They are a little smaller than a common British ant, maybe a couple of mm in length. Also, I've seen a couple or so of them flying.
I've done some digging into topics on mites and it would appear that what ever these little buggers are, they aren't the tiny white dots that I've seen in pictures of parasitic mites. I'm buggered if I know what they are but my best guess is that they may be young fruit fly type things.

Anyone got any other ideas or input please?

I know you're gonna say photos would help but they move so fast and my camera is so crap I've been unsuccessful in capturing them in image.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty9/3/2014, 12:14 pm

Predatory mites man. They live in the top 2cm of your substrate when damp and eat unwanted crap.
Back to top Go down
leorin
Pandinus
leorin

PostSubject: Re: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty9/4/2014, 5:10 am

They're nothing to worry about from what I've read. Is that right?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty9/5/2014, 6:43 am

Mites don't fly. It sounds like you have some sort of fruit flies or gnats. Remove any uneaten prey items or decaying vegetation from your enclosure. What are you using for substrate?
Back to top Go down
leorin
Pandinus
leorin

PostSubject: Re: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty9/5/2014, 5:49 pm

Coco Fibre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little crawling buggers in with my Emps   Little crawling buggers in with my Emps Empty

Back to top Go down

Little crawling buggers in with my Emps
Page 1 of 1