The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Back of mesosoma buldging

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-05-28

Back of mesosoma buldging Empty
PostSubject: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty7/14/2014, 4:52 pm

Dear friends,
I was excited that my female H. petersii might be pregnant, as I noticed some pleural membrane stretching on the sides. However, after took a second look and looked at some old threads, I fear that it is a plugged GI issue. Here are some photos--please tell me what you think. Her male cagemate recently mysteriously died, and now I fear the worst.

https://2img.net/h/i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Lord_Wilmore1/IMG_20140714_163702_zpsb90b9cfd.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Lord_Wilmore1/IMG_20140714_163721_zps63ba5754.jpg

Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty7/14/2014, 4:57 pm

Moderator, please forgive me for posting in the wrong section--it was unintentional.
Back to top Go down
lazydonut
Hadogenes
lazydonut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty7/14/2014, 5:30 pm

Hello. I dont know what to make of it, since only a the rear end of the mesosoma is swelling.Can you take a picture with the metasoma more relaxed, it may be because of the pose it is in, that the tergites are pushed close together.
Sorry if I'm not much help.
Back to top Go down
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty7/15/2014, 2:51 pm

Thank you for your response, lazydonut. It looks like that even when she isn't in her angry pose. I can get a picture sometime tonight or tomorrow if you like, but it looks the same.
Back to top Go down
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty7/17/2014, 9:22 pm

Update: I'm glad I didn't mess with her again! I can just see in her burrow that she has white things on her  cheers I'm not going to mess with her at all until they are off her back. I'm a little shocked she gave birth, because she really wasn't that bloated. Maybe she only has a few. Anyway, this is my first brood, so I'm really pumped. Pictures will follow on another thread of the 2i slings (assuming they make it that far), in the appropriate forum this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back of mesosoma buldging   Back of mesosoma buldging Empty

Back to top Go down

Back of mesosoma buldging
Page 1 of 1