The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What do scorpions mean for you?

Go down 
+2
Lord Wilmore
EmielVrolijk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EmielVrolijk
Pandinus
EmielVrolijk

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-13

What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty
PostSubject: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/3/2014, 10:29 am

Inspired by another topic (the purpose of scorpions), I found myself pondering over another question: what do scorpions mean for me?

I began a search within myself. Why am I so obsessed with scorpions? Why do they fascinate me the way they do? After hours and hours of thinking, I found the answer.

They speak to me on an energetic level, I suppose. The common "energy of the scorpion" appeals to me. Their general behaviour, their unique and diverse characteristics: I love everything about them. Maybe, deep inside, I wish I could be more like them. I lack the ability to "stand my ground", because usually, I flee from every fight. I admire the fact that quite a few scorpions don't run. They assume a threat pose, and they wait for their enemy to be stupid enough to come closer.

This is just one example, of course, but I could go on for hours. This is just the main reason.

How about you guys? What makes scorpions so appealing to you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.disagreement.nl
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/3/2014, 10:56 pm

I am new here but why I am drawn to them is fresh in my mind. I have kept only tarantulas for 15 years and just bought an emperor. I have an interest in arthropods in general, arachnids even more so, and in evolutionary history. I learned that scorpions are probably more ancient than spiders and it fascinates me to think that I am staring at something so ancient. I guess if Eurypterids weren't extinct I would want some, and some trilobite's for that matter. Anyway, they are alien and I can take care of them. The perfect observational pet. Beats fish any day!
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 2:34 am

Scorpions mean a new addiction to me. I originally love snakes. They're my on top of other animals list. Now i have scorpions to rival that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gert B
Hadogenes
Gert B

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 3:57 am

Hi Emiel

A good question and a well and honest answer.

Scorpions (and many other dangerous creatures) always attracted my attention! I guess the thrill of investigating something; the majority of people are scared of, was the main trigger point in my life.
Currently, though, the excitement of exploring these creatures and gaining soooo much info on their so little know world, is way more rewarding than anything ells!

Thanxzzz for bringing up this question!
Back to top Go down
Gert B
Hadogenes
Gert B

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 4:02 am

“Beats fish any day!”

Hey Lord Wilmore
I am an aquarium freak like in BIG time…I would say you are missing out on something Twisted Evil Wink  Wink  
Back to top Go down
Lord Wilmore
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 7:30 am

Sorry Gert!!! No offense intended. I think aquariums are cool--but I'm lazy and they take more work.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 9:40 am

To me they are the ultimate adaptive creature, one of the first animals to colonise the land and the desert regions for that matter which is an inhospitable place and where few creatures has been able to thrive to such an extend as the scorpions.

Their body design has also made them one of the top predators in their particular niche which tells a lot considering they haven't changed much in all the hundreds of millions of years they've been on Earth.

Lastly, I have to agree with Gert, while most people would be scared of scorpions or shy away from them I found them intriguing from a young age and it was interesting learning about them and finding out how many species actually exist right across the world.
Back to top Go down
Gert B
Hadogenes
Gert B

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty6/4/2014, 11:46 am

Don’t worry Lord Wilmore
Did not take offence at all!  Wink 
Its just having kept piranha, currently leaping mudskippers, axolotl, a whole bunch of Tanganyika cichlids, discus, angels, banjo cats etc ect…ITS JUST ONE HELL OFF AN INTERRESTING WORLD cyclops  cyclops  cyclops 

But back to the question: YES a scorpion really is a massive survival creature and here in our arid region, Namibia, it even more comes to light. For me, as well, it was VERY interesting to find out just how well they are spread over the whole world and with such a huge diversity!
I am not proud owning a view stunning scorps but rather very privileged!
Back to top Go down
lazydonut
Hadogenes
lazydonut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty7/1/2014, 12:54 pm

For me, scorpions are the classiest of the arachnids. The most graceful killers. With the most etiquette as eaters.

Since discovering my love for scorpions early this year, I discovered alot about myself as well.
Getting attracted to them isnt just about the desire to keep them, it's also to discover what makes them so unique, and how exactly do they capture the hearts and minds of human beings.
How they are etched in history as symbolic of evil, misfortune, and darkly malice.
When in truth, these are gentle creatures highly evolved, blessed with unique characteristics, and employing their arsenal with grace and poise.

I cant imagine any other more fascinating creature. How they find their prey, how they subdue with a killer yet dignified manner that never looks sloppy and caveman-ish, and even how they ingest all gracefully holding their food to their mouthparts.

Fascinating and wonderful. I cant live without ever having one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do scorpions mean for you?    What do scorpions mean for you?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What do scorpions mean for you?
Page 1 of 1