The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Decaryi
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty
PostSubject: Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.    Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty12/29/2013, 5:27 pm

anyone have any first hand husbandry info? getting a large group of them early in the new year and want them to do great. have read everything I could find published and are familiar with where they are from...
Back to top Go down
Decaryi
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.    Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty12/30/2013, 6:00 am

Ok.. so I have gotten no first hand info on these with days of trying... it appears i should keep them like flat rock's with a temp and RH range similiar to my grandidieri (one is preggo!!!) I will be setting up a large (40g breeder) as a communal tank with 3 10 gallons ready in case they are not so communal... I will try and post pics when its ready and use this thread to let everyone know what I have witnessed.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.    Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty12/30/2013, 10:32 am

Good luck with them. I will be looking forward to your observations on them as I keep two Opisthacanthus sp but they are from South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Decaryi
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.    Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty1/1/2014, 8:59 pm

this is what western madagascar is like.... nutshell... It is why my G grandidieri like water but also can deal with dry and it is the way I will strive to keep The Opisthicanthus.

" The western coast of Madagascar is much drier than the eastern coast. In general, we can say the climate here is dry tropical. During the dry months between May and November it does not rain at all and the temperatures are pleasant (20 to 25°C on average). Between December and April it can rain torrentially or just a couple of showers, depending on the are and the year. The northern area is greener and indeed considerably wetter than the southern one. The hottest months are March, April, November and December, when the average temperature is 30° C or even more. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.    Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Opisthacanthus madagascariensis.
Page 1 of 1