The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

plz help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wayner
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-11-18

plz help Empty
PostSubject: plz help   plz help Empty11/18/2013, 1:58 pm

please help me to ID my scorp. Ive had her for a little while now and was sold to me as a heterometrus longimanus but I want to know forsure since the seller didn't seem all to wise about them, and ive seen a post with people talking about how mainly only certain species will hiss and mine does. I do believe that she is heterometrus but that's about it. Please help me and thanks in advance for any and all your help.

plz help Shelly15plz help Shelly16plz help Shelly17
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

plz help Empty
PostSubject: Re: plz help   plz help Empty11/18/2013, 10:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ok, first off. You NEED to read the forum rules BEFORE you post. You violated two of them; one of which is one that I'm pretty serious about.
rulz 

RULES of our ScorpionForum - READ this before you make a Post!

Absolutely NO inverts eating vertebrates pictures.

Also, and while I don't have as much of a problem with this one, don't double (or triple) post.

So, that would be why I temporarily removed and edited this thread. Now, you're new here, so I'll obviously cut you some slack; no hard feelings. Smile 

Now, regarding the ID of your scorp.....

It appears to be a Heterometrus petersii, based of one of your other pictures. It's certainly not a H. longimanus or H. Spinifer from the dark telson, and I believe I saw granulation thus ruling out H. laoticus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
wayner
Pandinus

plz help Empty
PostSubject: Re: plz help   plz help Empty11/18/2013, 11:12 pm

I am very sorry about that and I thank you a lot for cutting me slack. I shouldn't have but I kinda skimmed through them that would be why I missed the eating vertebrates rule, and I probably double posted because I am entirely new at the posting pictures ordeal and was really anxious to find out and thought it was taking a while. Again I really appreciate the lenience and will not forget to be more careful.

You say petersii, how could you tell? I would love to know so when I get another I can breed them. Someone told me that their telson stayed black and when they reached their final instar it would turn red. Sorry for the lack of knowledge I'm fairly new to the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

plz help Empty
PostSubject: Re: plz help   plz help Empty11/18/2013, 11:21 pm

No problem man, nobody's perfect.

The Heterometrus ID key is number 15. http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/pubs.htm

Granulation Keys:

You may also want to look through Alex's caresheet: http://www.scorpion-forum.com/t8256-asf-heterometrus-longimanus

I was in the process of putting together a Heterometrus ID guide for the species most commonly found in the hobby; basically consolidating all the information and ID charts into one place. But then life caught up with me, and it kinda got pushed to the side. This summer I'll try to put it together if I can somehow get the necessary pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
wayner
Pandinus

plz help Empty
PostSubject: Re: plz help   plz help Empty11/18/2013, 11:31 pm

Great thanks, I appreciate all the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

plz help Empty
PostSubject: Re: plz help   plz help Empty

Back to top Go down

plz help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion ID-
Jump to: