The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How do you know?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: How do you know?   How do you know? Empty11/16/2013, 10:49 am

I'll try to keep it short. Since I have grand kids, I keep my hot scorpions in my office, so I'm unable to keep a close eye on them except when I'm in the office. After putting a male in with one of my females, two days later I noticed a spermatophore on one of the rock surfaces I placed in the enclosure. Other than waiting 9 to 12 months are there any other signs, that it was successful?

Thanks,

Tim
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? Empty2/8/2014, 10:26 pm

If you saw the spermatophore and its gone the next day then it's successful
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? Empty3/2/2014, 12:24 pm

Tongue Flicker wrote:
If you saw the spermatophore and its gone the next day then it's successful

Whats your logic there?? ... a disappearing spermatophore has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the female is gravid and spermatophores can remain stuck to the stone it was laid on long after the mother has birthed the young that that spermatophore inseminated her with.

@tim .. If a spermatophore was laid that indicates that they must have danced and there's more than a good chance she is already gravid...You can check this by removing the male and replacing him a few weeks later...he'll try and mate with the female again but if she's already gravid she'll either reject him, attack him or simply not allow herself to be danced around..take the male out and try again after 2 or 3 weeks....if you get the same response from the female you can just about guarantee she's already gravid..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How do you know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   How do you know? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: