The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New emperor scorpion owner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrystalPatricio
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-10

New emperor scorpion owner Empty
PostSubject: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty11/10/2013, 3:57 pm

We've had our emperor scorpion for about two weeks now.  We've done research and know that the humidity needs to be 80-90% and that the temperature should be in the 80s with a cold and warm side.  We have a very shallow water dish that we change daily and we also mist the tank several times daily.  I would like to know if anybody could tell me why our emperor scorpion hasn't eaten at all since we got her?  We try to feed her large crickets but she seems to completely ignore them.  Is this normal?
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty11/10/2013, 5:26 pm

Yes it is normal. They can go a long time without eating. It could be that she is about to molt or simply stressed a bit from the move. Sometimes I have had them eat a lot for awhile and then go off feed for a month. If you could post a pic of her we could tell you if she is an adult (no more molts) or a juvenile (more molts to come). Check out the FAQ's in the emperor section for tips.

Also welcome to the forum!!
Back to top Go down
CrystalPatricio
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty11/10/2013, 11:00 pm

Thanks and could you tell me how to post a picture? I'm on my iPad and it doesn't seem to work when I try to post one.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty11/11/2013, 9:28 am

Hey crystal unfortunately you have to wait a week to post any pictures. It's for spam protection. Sorry about that. Send me a link to your hosted image and I can post it for you in the meanwhile.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
CrystalPatricio
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty11/11/2013, 5:57 pm

Could I email you the picture? I'm not quite sure how to send a link to my hosted picture either lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New emperor scorpion owner   New emperor scorpion owner Empty

Back to top Go down

New emperor scorpion owner
Page 1 of 1