The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpion full?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skroar
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Scorpion full? Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion full?   Scorpion full? Empty10/20/2013, 2:28 am

Over a month ago, I put a tub of about 50 superworms in the tank, and when I got back about 3-4 weeks later, only a few were left.

And now a month later, only one of the scorpions is eating. The other two are just swatting the crickets away. How much longer before the rest become hungry?

And what's the correct way of lifting a scorpion? I'm trying to sex them to maybe possibly breed them.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

Scorpion full? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion full?   Scorpion full? Empty10/20/2013, 8:43 am

If the temperature in your enclosure is correct I wouldn't worry about them not eating.  They will eat when they are hungry.  Also, you might possibly have some worms living in the substrate of your enclosure that are coming to the surface at night to look for food and are getting eaten then.  I would offer scorplings prey two times per week and remove what they don't eat the next day.

A good way to sex scorps is to put them in a very clear deli cup, glass bowl, etc. and view or take a picture from below.  You can use a spoon or something similar and scoot them into the deli cup so you don't have to lift them if you prefer not too.  This is a good way to do it if the scorp has a bad sting (or if you just don't want a sting no matter what!)
Back to top Go down

Scorpion full?
Page 1 of 1