The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
accipiter7
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-13

scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty
PostSubject: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/14/2013, 7:18 am

Is any one else studying the scorpion fauna of San Diego County or Imperial County, California, USA? If so please, I would like to get in touch with you.
Thank you Accipiter7
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/14/2013, 10:33 am

Studying wouldn't be the word I would use. I am trying to collect and breed from all over southern california focusing on A.pococki right now.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
accipiter7
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/16/2013, 8:24 pm

~Abyss~
It's great to hear from some one. This was by first post/thread thing I ever made in my life. Hope I'm doing everything right. Im all so new to scorpions too. Fascinated by them! I have now collected 15 as pets. Some from San Diego areas, others from out east of Calexico. Last week I though I found an Anuroctonus pococki pococki (Soleglad & Fet)[Genus Anuroctonus (Pocock 1893)] near Escondido but now I'm 80% sure it is a  Pseudouroctonus williamsi (Gertsch & Soleglad 1972). Any ways I wouldn't want to part with any of my pets but if I find an Anuroctonus pococki (I think we are talking about the same thing. Aren't we?) I will be glad to send it your way. Best wishes with the breeding project. My motivation for doing my project comes out of my fascination of these amazing animals and my personal quest for knowledge about them.

Every month I go out near Calexico. I all ways find Scorpions. Most appear to me to be in the Family Vaejovidae (Thorell 1876). I usually find what I'm 95%sure are Hadrurus arizonensis arizonensis (Ewing 1928 ). Yesterday I think I may have collected a member of Genus Serradigitus (Stahnke 1974) here at home.
Back to top Go down
accipiter7
Pandinus

PostSubject: Appairently I did something wrong? / What do I do?   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/18/2013, 5:01 pm

OK- Appairently I did something wrong. I got this message " "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." Like I said I'm new to all this. So please help.What do I do? stay off the sits for a week?Are you the one I'm should to contact?
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/18/2013, 5:22 pm

New members are not allowed to post pictures for a week as a spam control method. You can make posts but no links, attachments, or pictures.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty8/19/2013, 12:34 pm

Your week is almost up sorry about that it's just to avoid spam. I might reduce the number of days soon. You can always email me I got your last email and replied to it but never got a response. Ehdz88@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA   scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA Empty

Back to top Go down

scorpion fauna of San Diego or Imperial Counties, CA USA
Page 1 of 1