The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Abyss~
Administrator

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/8/2013, 6:38 pm

The sad thing about the hobby, at least here in the U.S is that we have tons of interesting scorpions and only a handful of them make their way into the hobby. I know I haven't been on here much anymore my job has been keeping me busy plus my phone hasn't been working in months and so I rarely have any time or access to post in here like I used to, although I try to make a visit or two a day. But for those of you interested in what I've been doing lately hobbywise is trying to get some of our local U.S species into the hobby. Currently my main focus is Smeringurus vachoni and Anuroctonus pococki. But here's the kickoff special bred by a good friend of mine.

2i-3i Uroctonus mordax, 15 for $30.

Shipping
$15 Priority
$35 Express

U.S. sales only. All sales are final. I only accept Paypal for payment. Live arrival guarantee (LAG) on Express shipments only. Buyer must be able to sign the package at first delivery attempt. Any dead scorpions must be reported within one hour of signed receipt of package, and I may request photographic proof. If shipped Express and above conditions are met, then I will offer a refund for any dead scorpions (in this case, $2/each scorpion).

This has the ~Abyss~ seal of approval
Ed First 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
ShredderEmp
Tityus

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/8/2013, 6:51 pm

Too bad it's Shark Week. That seal is dead.

As for the idea, I think it is a great one. I think that Centruroides gracilis is now a common species due to many people breeding and selling. I know Ken the Bug Guy has Vaejovis confusus for like 5 bucks if anyone wants them. He also has Hoffmannius spinigerus for like 5 bucks too. They are both a good native and beginner species.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheKevil
Babycurus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/8/2013, 8:36 pm

I'm working on getting Pseudouroctonus reddelli a little bit more of a presence. I've started up a community in which I have a large female and I'm hoping to get some breeding soon. If anyone is interested, please let me know. They are an awesome, active species with a great look and a great amount of attitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheKevil
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/8/2013, 8:37 pm

I like the idea, btw, Eddy. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reborga
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/11/2013, 4:22 pm

I like your idea too! I'm new to this forum, and posted earlier today on my little "surprise", two Carolina Bark Scorpions (Vaejovidae carilonianus) presenting me with babies! I'm hoping to raise them to maturity, they are fascinating little creatures. If all these youngsters grow up, I am going to have to find homes for some of them, and would be happy to share. All I would ask is for shipping, I just want them to go to someone that can give them a good home. Guess I'm jumping the gun, they two clutches are less than a week old but I will keep updating, I'm sure I will have questions as the babies get older. I would post pics but can't figure out how, but if anyone is interested just post here and I can either email a pic or maybe someone can show me how to post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheKevil
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/11/2013, 4:26 pm

You can post pictures after 7 days. Smile Helps with spam control. Sorry about the wait. I'm sure you will find a few people to take some of those guys off your hands. One tip... Make sure to separate the babies when they climb off their mom. They may start eating each other if you don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Abyss~
Administrator

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   8/16/2013, 1:42 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax   

Back to top Go down

Operation: Spread the Locals- Phase I: Uroctonus mordax
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1