The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Update, and babies!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ikissedafrog
Pandinus
ikissedafrog

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-03-18

Update, and babies! Empty
PostSubject: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/11/2013, 10:45 pm

Been forever since I've posted in here...figured I was overdue on sharing some exciting news.

I'm now the proud auntie?...grandma?...warden? of 24 darling new little H. spinigerus scorplings!  Yep, my stubborn Molly finally decided to have those babies after all! :-)  They're so stinkin' tiny, but awfully cute and full of personality already.  

https://servimg.com/view/18188354/8

Also, added another species a couple of weeks ago.  Picked up a trio of C. gracilis from a buddy and two babies as well to raise up.  I like them, especially the little ones!

I have definitely caught the scorpion bug now, I see more species coming in my near future! :-)
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/11/2013, 11:07 pm

Nice! I love having my Centruroides gracilis. What instar are yours at? I got them at second instar and both are currently at 3rd. They eat every few days but I'm thinking about doing some weekly feedings now that they are bigger and starting to not eat every time. Awesome species.
Back to top Go down
ikissedafrog
Pandinus
ikissedafrog

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/11/2013, 11:23 pm

Well, my spinigerus are at 2nd instar, and they're teeny little specks!  I'm not really sure what stage the gracilis scorplings are at, they're each about .75~ish of an inch (including tails)....maybe an inch if they stretch. :-)  Would that be 2nd, 3rd for that species, idk.  

Here's one of the little gracilis, enjoying a treat

Update, and babies! 02910

Here are the adults

Update, and babies! 37957310
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/11/2013, 11:36 pm

Nice. You got 3 females there. As for the young scorpling, I haven't measured mine, But I can do that pretty quickly and I should probably do it now before I forget again. I'll let you know what the smallest one measures. You could also ask Eddie what he thinks.

I was only able to measure one without stressing them too much and it came out at almost an inch exactly. They are both 3rd instars from the same brood and I would assume to be similar sizes.
Back to top Go down
ikissedafrog
Pandinus
ikissedafrog

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/12/2013, 8:21 am

Awesome, thanks ShredderEmp! It's good to know approximately how old the young ones are.

And you say the adults are 3 females, what are you looking at to tell? My friend thought he was sending me two females and a male, but it's possible he 'oops'ed on that one! He's mostly a T fellow, and I'm still learning scorps. :-)
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/12/2013, 10:01 am

ikissedafrog wrote:
Awesome, thanks ShredderEmp!  It's good to know approximately how old the young ones are.  

And you say the adults are 3 females, what are you looking at to tell?  My friend thought he was sending me two females and a male, but it's possible he 'oops'ed on that one! He's mostly a T fellow, and I'm still learning scorps. :-)

If they are adults, then you can tell by the length of the metasomal segments. Males have much longer ones than females do. Patcho recently had a male die unfortunately, but you can compare that picture with yours and see the differences.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty7/12/2013, 10:47 am

Search my threads I had posted a picture of my pair. Females are thicker(wider) with shorter tails. Males are more elongated with long tails.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update, and babies!   Update, and babies! Empty

Back to top Go down

Update, and babies!
Page 1 of 1