The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Tips for live plants in enclosure?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrexis
Pandinus
Chrexis

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Tips for live plants in enclosure? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for live plants in enclosure?   Tips for live plants in enclosure? Empty6/24/2013, 8:35 pm

Hello!

I just bought some Pothos, I will be directly planting it into the eco earth, what should I do to prevent anything unwanted from being introduced into the enclosure? I know with aquarium plants you dip them in water/bleach mixture and quarantine them for 2 weeks. Anything special for terrariums/vivariums?
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Tips for live plants in enclosure?   Tips for live plants in enclosure? Empty6/24/2013, 8:45 pm

I also use pothos. Smile Nothing like live plants to keep the air breathable in the enclosure and keep things looking lively. Just be warned that pothos is very much a water loving plant so it will take a lot of the water out of your substrate. You will need to water a little bit more frequently and mist 1 or 2 times per day to accommodate. I haven't had any issues with negative things being introduced at all, but that's me. Never heard of anyone sterilizing plants, necessarily, but you may introduce isopods into your enclosure as a clean up crew to take care of any unwanted fungi or bad mites. I have done this myself and gotten great results.

Also, make sure that you take the plant out of it's container, remove all soil from the roots and wash them off completely to get all possible pesticides and bad things that may have been in the soil out. Don't worry... Pothos is an extremely hardy plant so you won't kill it or put it into shock by doing this.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Tips for live plants in enclosure?   Tips for live plants in enclosure? Empty6/24/2013, 8:59 pm

I found this... Maybe it will help.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/plants/34484-best-way-sterilize-plants.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for live plants in enclosure?   Tips for live plants in enclosure? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for live plants in enclosure?
Page 1 of 1