The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.

Go down 
+5
cody1984
shaneshac
Patcho
ShredderEmp
~Abyss~
9 posters
AuthorMessage
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty
PostSubject: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 6:26 pm

I'll post some pics up shortly but my new female G.ankarana arrived in the mail today. That makes 2 females and a soon to be busy male.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 7:16 pm

UHHHHHH. I want those pictures Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 8:41 pm

Smile cheers bounce alien Twisted Evil Very Happy Surprised Shocked Exclamation Bang Head Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  129887 cheers Danceparty headbang fishing up laugh bang headb bounce Evil or Very Mad Puke Viking Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  8072 Danceparty confused affraid santa cheers Crying or Very sad Cool pirat pig geek elephant Birthday Ed First giggle Drool Rockout

^ Reflects my reaction adequately.
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 8:43 pm

Patcho wrote:
Smile cheers bounce alien Twisted Evil Very Happy Surprised Shocked Exclamation Bang Head Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  129887 cheers Danceparty headbang fishing up laugh bang headb bounce Evil or Very Mad Puke Viking Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  8072 Danceparty confused affraid santa cheers Crying or Very sad Cool pirat pig geek elephant Birthday Ed First giggle Drool Rockout

^ Reflects my reaction adequately.

Why happy birthday?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 11:47 pm

bad news. It arrived with horrible mycosis Sad
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/16/2013, 11:50 pm

bad news. It arrived with horrible mycosis Sad
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 4:31 am

Sad

That sucks!!! You think she will survive long enough to breed?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 12:08 pm

It has a molt to maturity if it lives long enough to molt it should be fine but it’s not as “aggressive” as my other ones, it also a slightly different coloration (which I don’t really mind, variety is always good) so I’m not sure IF it’ll make through a molt or not. The last molt is always the longest one. I’m keeping her dry at the moment and keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 12:43 pm

Wish you ad the scorp the best of luck. Any idea if this was due to its conditions in the wild or previous owners care?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 4:03 pm

Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  G_anka10
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 6:05 pm

That poor thing hope it pulls through.
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/17/2013, 7:21 pm

Ouch. Hope it molts out of it.
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/18/2013, 9:51 pm

It's always the most scary when you wee it in the lungs. A few spots on the feet sure. But those book lungs don't look good. I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/18/2013, 10:43 pm

That doesn't look too good to say the least.

Good luck with it Eddy, hopefully it can tough it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/19/2013, 12:48 am

well I housed it dry and it seems to have gotten more active so that's good news. But now I'm also starting to suspect it might be another Grosphus species.
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/19/2013, 7:44 am

~Abyss~ wrote:
well I housed it dry and it seems to have gotten more active so that's good news. But now I'm also starting to suspect it might be another Grosphus species.

Well if you don't want it now, I'll take it off your hands.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/19/2013, 2:28 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:

What makes you say that?
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/19/2013, 5:10 pm

Hey Eddy...

I was catching up on the forum, been busy with some nasty personal stuff here.

I agree that the mycosis in the book lungs doesn't look good.
But it might pull through.

I will never suggest power feeding, but I will suggest in this case a higher food regimen, to stimulate growing to get to that molt, and hopefully stopping the mycosis.

I really hope she pulls through I so hope the best for you after the ant attacks.

Joey
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/20/2013, 12:03 pm

Patcho wrote:
~Abyss~ wrote:

What makes you say that?
Well I'm not 100 percent sure becuase the pectines are a bit damaged from the mycosis but from what I can tell it has less pectines than my female and a shorter "Grosphus Tooth" the long pectinal tooth that all female grosphus have. G.ankarana is suppose to have the largest one while G.flavicus has a shorter one and is generally smaller than G.ankrana. This one looks like the same size as my current sub-adult female but it seems like she showing traits of an adult like a thicker tail. The coloration is also slighly different but G.ankarana comes in different color variations so that's not a real indicator. Now these are all just at a glance since I'm trying not to really disturb her I haven't done a complete analysis so it's likely just in my head.
Back to top Go down
ahxean
Pandinus
ahxean

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/24/2013, 1:52 pm

Can you request the seller for a change? Since the specimen is already not in a good condition.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty5/24/2013, 2:13 pm

So far she's been doing good I'm going to take a chance that she'll ok until she molts it away. She's ate once already in my care and after having her settled down I'll start powerfeeding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.    Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Woo-hoo Packacged arrived.
Page 1 of 1